Who Likes Their Boss?

I love my boss. I’ve been working for him for six years, and I’ll stay under him 'til he retires, probably another two or three years. He is inspiring.

I left a job where my immediate supervisor was an irrational, controlling, hostile bitch and her superior was a limp dishrag who was incapable of reining her in. I hated life at that job and cried a few too many tears in private because of her.

My current supervisor is a godsend in comparison. He allows me to be autonomous while also showing interest in my work; he praises far more often than he criticizes; he goes to bat for me when people are giving me unwarranted shit; he advises me about how to cope with stuff in the school. I feel like he’s on my side and that he thinks I’m good at my job. Yay!

My current boss is great. She knows just how much to push to increase productivity, and how much to ease off when we need the slack. She praises me when I succeed and defends me when I fuck up. The down side is, she’s so good that her overlords have dumped a bunch more people on her, so she doesn’t give me as much time as she used to.