Who puts away the laundry when a mixed load is clean?

She takes care of her kids clothes. We both do laundry but do our own folding. We both have our own way of doing things.

Folded clothes go into 2 baskets - his and mine - and we put our own stuff away. Whoever puts the clothes on hangers usually puts the items in the appropriate closets. Sheets, towels, and whatever are done by both of us. No biggie.

I do the laundry, fold it and put it in baskets. My wife and kid put their’s away, I put mine away and my wife puts the household laundry away.

Yes, worth remembering that while I am unwashed (in the best sense), my clothes and those of my wife are not.

:slight_smile:

The baby’s laundry is done separately, usually a load a week. Our laundry is done together, usually a load each of colors, darks, and whites per week. Wife usually sorts out the dirty stuff and I do the heavy lifting. When a load is done we usually fold it together. If either of us folds alone the other person’s clothes get folded for them and hanger stuff is laid out on the bed. We put away our own clothes with the exception of socks & underwear. I am not about to try and learn the complex system that is her dresser and walk-in closet and I don’t expect her to learn mine either.

Exactly the same in our household. Neither of us approves of the other’s laundry technique. Drying on “High,” my ass!!

Huh? Communal towels?? Maybe it’s cause we have our own bathrooms, but “communal towels” sounds odd.

I do all the laundry. I will put the clothes that hang up back in my husband’s closet, because I cleaned that out of all the detritus awhile back, and there is room for me to easily hang things again. But his dresser drawers are still a crowded mess, so I leave his clothes that go in the dresser in a basket for him to put away.

In exchange for me doing the laundry, he cleans the cats’ litter boxes. We both like this arrangement.

Really? I don’t think Infovore was saying he/she shares a towel with spouse between washings, but that there is a common pool of towels to chose from after a shower. they are used, once or more, and then laundered and put back in the pool. Do you have towels that are only for your use? Hell, ours get used by whoever grabs one, and even on the dog now and then.

I do most of the laundry. My wife would let stuff just sit in the basket until she needed if I let her. Once the basket gets full, I’ll take it to the bedroom and put her stuff in piles like socks and underwear. I usually put away clothes that I put on hangers or leave them hanging near the stairs.

Either me or my husband bung in a load of laundry when the machines are free - with two children in a dusty and humid country it’s running pretty much every day. Similarly, whoever becomes aware that the airing clothes are as dry as they’re going to get, or that the drier has finished, will swap clothes along the cycle. The dry clothes get dumped in a pile on my bed, sorted by whoever into ownership piles and delivered to a heap in each person’s room. Everyone except my two year old folds and puts their own stuff away, and she does it with help from me.

The exception is stuff that takes a detour via the ironing pile, but that just means that the heap that is delivered to bedrooms is carefully placed once ironed, rather than chucked.

It’s much simpler to do than the explanation sounds.

Same in our house.

I have my towels, she has hers. Neither of us likes the other’s towels! She thinks mine are too coarse; I think hers are too small. Come to think of it, what are we doing together anyway?

ETA: The dog has his own towels, too. But he doesn’t wash them. She does.

Can I say, with all due respect, that I find this simultaneously baffling, slightly insane, and unutterably sweet?

I thought everyone did things my way.:smiley:

She uses her girlie towels, I use scrap burlap.

He leaves laundry on the clotheshorse in the bathroom until he wants to wear something. If I didn’t move it, it would stay there until the cows came home. Or he’d worn it all and it went back in the wash.

My son does his own, for a rather generous interpretation of “does”. Eventually it will get washed, but sometimes I suspect his pants are walking themselves downstairs to the laundry.

My husband does most of his/mine, although I will sometimes realize there’s a shortage of X and do a few loads in a row. I dislike doing laundry, but once I get one load started, I tend to find another and then another and do a chain of three before I decide I’ve had enough now. Whichever of us does it tends to fold it, or we fold it together, and the owner puts their stuff away.

Two things just occurred to me: One, I can’t remember the last time I did the daughter’s laundry. Oops. And Two, it’s about time to see if she’s tall enough to reach the bottom of the washer tub to do her own laundry! :smiley:

My wife does our laundry. She folds it and leaves my clean laundry on the bed for me to put away. Our adult daughter lives with us and she does her own laundry and puts it away.

I refuse to do my husband’s laundry - way too complicated. Socks and underwear must be washed separately at different temperatures, sometimes with a hot soak. Pants and shirts are usually washed with one or the other and I can’t figure out the whys or wherefores of his rosetta stone system. And I hate folding and putting away so much I have trouble forcing myself to do it for my own clothes, much less anyone else’s. Even our 7 year old and 4 year old have to help sort and put away their own laundry.

I grew up in a house where one person did all the laundry once a week, and I’ve continued on that model. Makes for optimal color separation, because you have enough at once to make up decent loads. So I launder everyone’s clothes, and put them away. I do the towels and fold and distribute them. I wash the sheets and put them back on the beds. I am also the adult in the family who does not earn money, so this seems very fair to me. Also, my husband doesn’t separate colors, so I want to be the one doing the laundry.