Who was the first POTUS who was younger than you?

Barack is my age. Can I disown him?

Hmm, apparently, my mind is. :smiley:

Hey, you said it was a pretty simple question. Now what does this second posting signify?

Anybody that was younger than me at any time was younger than me at all times. Your second posting is consistent with this point as was the original title, but then seems pointless.

Perhaps you mean “younger, when he took office, than you are now”. Which is different than the title and your second posting. But I have to guess it may be what you meant, because otherwise the second posting is just oddly worded and inscrutable.

But, then, why isn’t Kennedy on the list? He was very young when he took the oath. Why just very recent presidents?

I hope I’m not just completely missing your meaning here…

Bill Clinton was, I think, a few months younger than I am today, when he took the oath of office. FTR I am still younger than any of them.

I think it should be obvious that the question is asking which President (if any) was born later than you. Otherwise it’s a pretty pointless poll - the only two anwers would be “Theodore Roosevelt” and “I’m younger than 42”.

No, it wasn’t obvious.

If you wanted it to be obvious, you shouldn’t have muddied the waters by putting the presidents’ ages when they took office in the poll options, but the years that they were born instead.

Obama is a year older than I, well 362 days anyway.

ETA: Older than I? Older than me? Whatever.

I’m still a young 'un … for now … Let’s see how many terms Obama serves, then we’ll talk again…

I didn’t put them in there; ArchiveGuy did. But I thought that was one of the things that made his intent obvious. If the question was “who was the first Presidents who was younger than you are now when he first became President?” then why include Jimmy Carter (53 in 1977) and Barack Obama (48 in 2009) on a list with Bill Clinton (47 in 1993)? Obviously everyone turns 47 before they turn 48 or 53.

That would have been young Jimmy Garfield. Boy, that takes me back.