Who was the most wronged person in history

Lady Jane Grey?

I don’t think so. By the rules of the time, she played and lost: the first time, Mary spared her life, but she got involved in Wyatt’s rebellion, which was what did for her.

Death at the hands of her political rivals, several of whom were pagan, in revenge for another killing. Carl Sagan was a great physicist but a terrible historian. I love Cosmos, but that monologue on the library of Alexandria was palpably bad.

The most wronged person ever was made fun of on the internet for a week?

Totally, how could anyone possibly respond to this thread with a kid who was in a viral video? That was one dim witted post. I was curious and checked and she is still in the music business and has a YouTube channel with 1.5 million subscribers

This list literally contains a woman who owned a cow and a young man who caught a baseball, hell, it even contains Ethel Rosenberg, for God’s sake. Yet the young lady who was psychologically traumatized merely because she made a music video somehow doesn’t make the cut?

:roll_eyes:

Nah, I disagree. Tens of millions of us piled on to that poor child knowing she didn’t destroy a city or ruin a Cubs game or help steal nuclear secrets for the Soviets and we should all be ashamed for doing so. We wronged her and she deserved what she got even less than the baseball kid. Who didn’t deserve what he got either.

As I’ve said many times: The internet is the greatest vector of mental disorders ever invented by the hand of man. And, as you admit, it was used to traumatize a 13yo girl, even if it was “for just a week”.

Rebecca deserves to be on this list if those other three do.

How about the defendants in the McMartin Pre-school case? Virginia McMartin, Ray Buckey, and several others were accused of sexually abusing children in their care at the height of the moral panic over satanic ritual abuse. Many of the accusations were ludicrous, and it was clear that the children had been manipulated into telling a bunch of lies, but that didn’t prevent the staff at that school from being prosecuted. Most of the public believed the charges, and the defendants lives ended up in ruins, although there were acquittals on most of the charges and the juries couldn’t reach decisions on several of them. Ray Buckey spent five years in jail for a crime he didn’t commit. In fact, no crime had been committed at all. To this day there are people who believe the staff of McMartin Pre-school were a bunch of child rapists.

The Tucson Four would at least make the list of most wronged people in Arizona history.

Edward Snowden?

I read this as “in revenge for killing Carl Sagan.”

I’d nominate Anne Boleyn and Job. I don’t believe Anne was unfaithful to Henry and she just got beheaded because in those days they thought baby gender was somehow controlled by the woman.

Job, while perhaps not historical (who really knows?) is pretty much the definition of what the OP seeks.

I’d nominate Job’s family well before I’d nominate Job. They wind up nastily dead, purely in order to make a point to somebody else.

Of course, so have a lot of other people throughout history. Generally their names don’t even get recorded.

She got beheaded since political winds shifted.

I have it on good authority (him) that Donald Trump is the most wronged person in history.

Fridging has a long literary pedigree, it seems.

In the 2020 crime drama Manhunt: Deadly Games, Jewell is badly beaten outside a grocery store by an angry man who blames him for the Centennial Olympic Park bombing. Three FBI agents who’ve been tailing Jewell just stand by and stare, doing nothing either to intervene or to arrest the man who beat him up. Did that really happen? The Wiki article doesn’t mention it.