Who Would Play You in the Movie Based on Your Life?

Hmmm, dunno. Although I’m not particularly fond of him, I must say that if Neil Patrick Harris played me like he played Henry on “Stark Raving Mad,” that would be a funny interp of me. But basically everyone believes I’m a slightly less over-the-top version of Jack that Sean Hayes plays on “Will & Grace.”

“Just Esprix!”

Tough one.
I’ll pick Paulina Porizkohva.

Who is Clu Gallagher?

Hope Davis would play me. Of course, she’d have to gain a little weight.

Why her? She’s blonde, pretty in an unconventional way, a good actress, and deserves more attention. God knows, the story of my life would be such a blockbuster, it would be the making of her career.

It has to be someone who looks like you, more than anything else.

Matthew Perry sort of looks like me but he might not be tall enough and I’m skeptical of his acting ability. If he can act a little I can see him doing it.

Charlie Sheen looks a lot like me. I don’t drink or smoke, though, so I don’t know if he can find the part. :slight_smile:

Oliver Plattlooks like me, too, and his hair is dead on if he cuts it a bit shorter. I think he’d be the guy, personally, 'cause he can still pass for younger and he can act up a storm in serious and comedic situations.
But… who would play Uncle Cecil? Who’s worthy of the part?.

Cecil = Sean Connery

Me = Jodie Foster, no question.

I’m going through my Cary Grant in “The Philadelphia Story” phase right now, so I’ll stick with him.

Some actresses that people have told me I resembled, as a teenager: Liv Ullmann, Kim Basinger, Catherine McCormack, and Kelly McGillis. I think I share general shape-of-face with some of these beautiful ladies, but when it comes down to the actual composition of my features, the resemblence is not that strong. Those comments were several years ago, anyway.

All flattery aside, I would choose Bonnie Hunt, because she looks enough like me, and she has the attitude dead-on. Even though she’s considerably older than me, she would be a better choice than any of the above because she’s got that girl-next-door sensibility. I think her characters, particularly the sister in Jerry McGuire, have already come pretty close to how I see myself, personality-wise.

I think the closest match visually would probably be Kellie Martin. I saw her a few weeks ago in one of those cheesy made-for-TV movies; she had long, reddish-brown hair in the movie and I thought she looked a lot like me. Plus she played a med student on ER, so playing a law student probably wouldn’t be much of a stretch. :slight_smile:

Ewan MacGregor (non-jedi)

For myself, Charley Martin Smith ala Never Cry Wolf!

Independent sources have told me that I look quite a bit like Philip Seymour Hoffman. I wasn’t really happy about this when they told me, given that Hoffman was at the time best known for his stint as the nebbishy, lovestruck gofer in “Boogie Nights.” It’s not quite so bad now that Hoffman moved on to the drag queen role in “Flawless” – at least that was a role involving someone with some backbone.

Peter Sellers is sort of the obvious choice. Maybe John Cusack.

I’ll go with Sellers as long as I don’t have any love scenes with Shirley MacLaine.

Chyna. Except that I don’t sound like a lispy guy. Maybe they can get someone else to do my voice. In fact I insist on it.

I’d probably have to play myself.

The role of Mrs. Chalupa, however, would probably have to go to Vanessa Williams.
…ohhh, those love scenes…

Oh dear, I can’t quite see it. I mean, I see why you made that connection, but I’m just a bit more brash than she. I think I’m closer to a slightly more refined version of Brett Butler… without the southern accent… or the peroxide hair…Come to think of it, she won’t do either.

I’ve got it - Carol Burnett. SHE could capture the essence that is me!

<curtseys>

I’ve been told I have a passing resemblance to George Clooney (if I’m passing at about 80 MPH), so I guess he gets the job. However, he’d have to act better than Olivier to make the movie entertaining.

Skeet Ulrich

Cecil I see as Spencer Tracy, ca. Pat and Mike.

UncleBeer I see as John Candy.

I’d like to think John C. Holmes, except that he’s dead.