Who would you invite to the ~State of the Union/'Joint Session of Congress'...?

If I were enabled to issue an invitation to make a political point, I would like to invite 500 family members of those murdered by blue-eyed people.

This, in spite of the fact that I have blue eyes, myself. I feel it’s that important that the nation at large realize the threat posed by the blue-eyed. We need STRONG measures to keep the blue-eyed from harming us, and those measure may include restrictions on entry of blue-eyed would-be immigrants, ‘show your papers’ laws that would target the blue-eyed, and deportation of blue-eyed persons. I think we can all agree that the number of people murdered by the blue-eyed PROVE that the blue-eyed are a problem that we must solve.

Wow, this has got to be the most anemic pitting possible. This forum is already full of Trump mocking, and you use eye color as the comedic focal point? Eye color isn’t considered ludicrous, like 99% of the shit Trump spurts. All you had to do was quote anything by Trump and you would have got tons more laughs.

In all seriousness, how about someone like Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa? He was born in Mexico, crossed the border fence to the US and worked as a farm hand in California. But he then went to community college, received a bachelor’s degree from UC Berkeley and then went to Harvard Medical School. He’s now a neurosurgeon at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and previously was at Johns Hopkins University.

Yes, people like Dr. Q-H would be excellent representatives of the immigrants who’ve enriched the USA.

As for the point of the thread: Trump’s side has been making use of family members of victims of violence, when the violence was committed by undocumented immigrants. This, they seem confident, PROVES that undocumented immigrants are a major problem which must be solved (with deportation, ‘show your papers’ laws, additional law-enforcement personnel and resources, etc.)

Why isn’t similar reasoning being applied to the victims of violence committed by blue-eyed people? Why aren’t family members of those victims also being used as props, just as Trump et all use the family members of those killed by undocumented immigrants? (At the February 28 address before Congress, for example, Trump displayed Jessica Davis, Susan Oliver, and Jamiel Shaw, Sr.)*

Inviting family members of those killed by the blue-eyed would highlight the need for new laws and measures to protect Americans from the dangers posed by the blue-eyed. Isn’t that important?