Whoa. I'm a homeowner.

Good one on you! Not to be a big bag of downers, but get yourself mentally prepared to experience the following: getting electrocuted, getting burned, crushing your fingers, breathing gas, having sewage on you, getting conked on the head, having sawdust in your eyes, fighting with the spouse, running out of money, blowing a fuse, having your water shut off for days, buying tools, buying lumber, buying every damn thing. You’re still gonna love it; get a good power driver and lots of #2 Phillips bits.

That’s way less of a WTF than what I realized shortly after moving into my house. There’s 4 - 6 phone jacks in every room here, including 3 in the garage and 2 on the back porch! I have no clue what the previous owner needed all those phone jacks for but it weirds me the F out.

The house I just bought has phone jacks in the bedrooms and office, but none in the living room or dining room. There is a jack in the kitchen right next to the pass-through to the dining room, though.

However, there is only one cable connection - in the office. I guess the previous owner didn’t watch TV in the living room.

Congrats to both Film Geek and Barbarian. In two years and eight months my house will be mine all mine!

Oh and just know that no matter what there will always be something you either need or want to do to your house. It’s a strange homeowner’s curse. I had this place built brand new and from day one have made changes. Right now I really need to do some updating. I want new flooring. That will lead, knowing me, to wanting to redo the kitchen and laundry rooms. Which will lead to repainting and rewallpapering. Which will lead to redoing the bathrooms. Which, hell, knowing me will lead to tearing the whole place down and starting over. :smiley:

Seriously though, ain’t nuttin’ like ownin’ your own place.

NO! I have a good hate-on for phillips-head screws, and will never willingly use them again.

I need to put in a good supply of Robertson screws.

Truth, brother. :slight_smile:

As I said shortly after I first became a homeowner: I knew I would never need to find a new hobby, as long as I lived. Got some spare time on your hands? There’s always something around a home that needs doing, waiting to fill that time up.

PICS?

Don’t forget to reward yourself after you work on the house for a few years. I’ve got hot tub from Craigslist waiting to be put on the deck I’ve yet to build as a congratulations for having such a swanky homestead that was so cheap becasue we did everything ourselves. Plant some nice trees while you’re at it.