Whoppers my friends have told me

#2. Feces is a mixture of indigestible food (usually fiber), bacteria (mostly dead, but some still living, species which naturally live in the colon), some bile pigment for coloring (our old friend bilirubin), a few other minor components, and water.

Mostly water, up to 75% by some estimates.

The water softens the stool and allows it to slide out in well-formed sausages.

Too much water creates diarrhea; too little can cause pain on defecation.

But mostly the internal water content is all that is needed for a healthy evacuation. No extra lubricant is necessary, although some mucus from normal internal breakdown of the intestines may help coat the feces, but should normally be unnoticeable. So while saying “colon produces lubricant to help expel feces” might be technically true, the part about it being thick and dripping is pure nonsense.

Obvious mucus is a sign of disease. In the U.S. colitis is probably most likely; but some really icky tropical diseases can produce too much mucus.

Basically, if anything else is in the feces you have a problem.

The most common one is steatorrhea.

Well, you may not be a doc, but your pretty much right! The egg bursts from the ovary into the abdominal cavity and is grabbed by the “fimbria” which are cilia of sorts and propel the egg into the fallopian tube where, if the fates smile or frown (depending on your situation) it is met by sperm, which are anxious to fertilize it. It then travels down the fallopian tube and implants in the uterine lining. If it implants by mistake in the abdominal cavity it becomes an ectopic pregnancy. If it implants by mistake in the fallopian tube it becomes a tubal pregnancy. Both are bad.

The fallopian tubes DO empty into the abdominal cavity.

Semen flowing into the abdominal cavity is of no consequence. It is simply absorbed.

The system malfunctions only on rare occasion, a testimony to its excellent design. :slight_smile:

It cannot be that all of those are true :eek:

Do sperm usually end up in the abdomen? Or only in rare cases?

Truly this board is wonderful. I learned a new word for vagina (fud) and that colitis causes fecal lubricant and many women have hair around their nipples (but probably not most) and that sperm may get inside the abdomen :eek:

Most of your innards are lightly coated with mucus. In your nose and lungs, it serves to filter out dust and keep the surface from drying out. In your esophagus and stomach, the mucus shields against gastric juices, so your stomach won’t digest itself. By the time food becomes poop, the mucus gets mixed in with everything else, and it doesn’t usually come out separately.

Now, don’t panic if you get non-standard poop occasionally. There are dozens of minor things that can make your output temporarily soft or even runny. Most of them are not worth worrying about. Notice, though, that I said “temporarily.”

TMI Warning!! If you are easily queased, RUN AWAY!
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Folks who are on the receiving end of anal sex sometimes find themselves expelling a mixture of lubricant and poopage. This mixture has been named santorum, after a US congressman. I figure you have to be a special kind of politician to get a kind of rectal goop named after you.

TMI

When I’m having a particularly bad IBS day, there is a lot of mucus in my stool. Same goes for when I’m on my “period” (I don’t bleed, just get irritable and mucusy).

I have breast hairs. I have the same problem as WhyNot, one day, no hair. Next day it’s an inch long! I also get weird little ‘feathers’ or groups of five or six super thin white hairs on the underside of my breasts that pop up like the bumps on uncooked chicken skin.

They’re fun to pluck. :D:D:D

Hey, I’ve got a couple stubborn nipple-hairs (actually areola hairs - I’ve heard it referred to as, er, haireola, which cracks me up.) I don’t have a moustache, either, thanks. I think most women really do have them, as one night in the women’s college common room somebody said “Hey, I’m going to be embarassed if you guys just stare at me like I’m crazy, but does anybody else get the little nipple hairs?” And everybody was all “Yeah, I hate those little bastards.” Maybe twenty young females, none currently bleaching their moustaches. The plural of anecdote is not data, but I do think it’s most women, and then most women tweeze 'em so men never know. I mean, it’s not a miniature forest, it’s just a few hairs.

Nip/Pluck?

Well, if you really want to get rid of those nipple hairs, have a bilateral reduction mammoplasty with a free nipple graft!

I had a reduction without the nipple graft, and I actually miss the few regular hairs I used to have. They seem to be gone. I rather enjoyed removing them. It was weird, they never hurt, and they were these odd thick hairs.

And yes, I’m pretty hairy.

Interesting… * Fut * is a very common slang term for that in German, as well. I´ve also heard it being used by famers and even older rural people (in certain parts of Austria) in a non offensive way - referring to the vagina of cattle / livestock, when they talk to the veterinarian who visits their farms.

The full story on santorum:

Above was taken from the Rotten Library, since I really didn’t want to risk linking to rotten dot com.

Yes, this mucus is called flux. It is produced in the distal colon to lubricate feces during bowel movements. Normally, it is not produced in quantities that are very noticeable, however, the observant may notice small quantities of a colorless, slightly opaque fluid with neutral boyancy in the bowl after a solid movement. Some forms of colon cancer can cause hypersecretion of flux. Also, those with flaccid anal sphincters may also experience leakage of up to a cc or two after bowel movements.

No telling how much the goaste guy leaks.

And no, you cannot solder with it. Try lemon juice.

It’s possible that this may be a poorly transmitted/remembered version of the great “Fuddle-duddle” flap involving Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau and the question of what was it he really said in the House during Question period back in 1971.