I noticed these charming, really beautiful pictures recently:
I’m not sure who made them, the only thing I see is the EBaumsWorld tag and I am pretty sure that’s not the original artist.
Does anyone know who the original artist is? Thank you.
I noticed these charming, really beautiful pictures recently:
I’m not sure who made them, the only thing I see is the EBaumsWorld tag and I am pretty sure that’s not the original artist.
Does anyone know who the original artist is? Thank you.
[QUOTE=betazilla]
Does anyone know who the original artist is? Thank you.
[/QUOTE]
Not sure they’re all by the same artist, but some do resemble work by Michael Sowa
Wow. Escher meets Dali. Funky stuff.
Jacek Yerka, I believe.
[QUOTE=Terrifel]
Jacek Yerka, I believe.
[/QUOTE]
Definitely.
Several of them, plus some others, can be found here, unmarred by ebaum’s banner.
Sweet! Thanks a lot for the knowledge, I’m now officially clued into this. 
I don’t know WHAT I’d do to that dastard ebaum if that were my work.
[QUOTE=Tengu]
Definitely.
Several of them, plus some others, can be found here, unmarred by ebaum’s banner.
[/QUOTE]
Oooh, thanks for that - definitely bookmarking that.
[QUOTE=Tengu]
Definitely.
Several of them, plus some others, can be found here, unmarred by ebaum’s banner.
[/QUOTE]
Tengu - thanks so much for the link! I am in love with this work…
Gorgeous, this is masterful stuff… any similar artists creating fantasy worlds like this? They have such an ethereal quality to them. I like Jacek’s combination of a VW bug and what looks like a reptilian-dinosaur thing.
It’s…interesting that ebaum put his banner right over Yerka’s signature in the lower right of every image.
[QUOTE=AskNott]
It’s…interesting that ebaum put his banner right over Yerka’s signature in the lower right of every image.
[/QUOTE]
ebaum isn’t held in very high regard for those who have any respect for copyright or trademark laws. They’re known for grabbing artwork and publishing it without credit.
[QUOTE=betazilla]
Gorgeous, this is masterful stuff… any similar artists creating fantasy worlds like this? They have such an ethereal quality to them. I like Jacek’s combination of a VW bug and what looks like a reptilian-dinosaur thing.
[/QUOTE]
Some of Michael Whelan’s art is similar in style. I like Whelan’s technique better, however.
Beautiful from what I see so far, thanks, I’ll have a closer look.
[QUOTE=betazilla]
Gorgeous, this is masterful stuff… any similar artists creating fantasy worlds like this? They have such an ethereal quality to them. I like Jacek’s combination of a VW bug and what looks like a reptilian-dinosaur thing.
[/QUOTE]
Check out my Michael Sowa googleshot in post 2. Also, Ursala Vernon does some amazing things with fruit…
I tried to send an email to alert Yerka to what this site was doing, but everything at the sites was in Polish or Russian, and I didn’t see a “send email” or “contact us” button… perhaps some one who reads Polish or Russian will have better luck.
[QUOTE=Kizarvexius]
Wow. Escher meets Dali. Funky stuff.
[/QUOTE]
That’s funny. I was thinking “Escher meets Kinkade”.
Here is the most succinct (and entertaining) explication of ebaum’s world to date.
(Music and flash animation.)
For some reason I have the vague impression that Eric Bauman substantially resembles Eric Cartman in his day-to-day activities. I can’t imagine why. What a dick.
That’s too freaking funny! I’m crying laughing…
I thought I posted this earlier… obviously not!
Anyway, there’s a couple of books of his art available; Mind Fields also has single page short stories by Harlan Ellison inspired by each painting…
You might also care for work by Ilene Meyer or Francois Schuiten…