Who's up for a whale sandwich?

Huh. I thought this thread would be about Blackadder’s comment that Prince George was “thick as a whale sandwich”.

Yes, thank you.

Toxins being stored in fat and released into the system during extended fasting, producing toxic effects, is one thing the naturopaths have been saying all along; they consider the sickly effects from this release to be proof that their therapy is working.

As a vegetarian, I’m not linked to that nasty old food chain. My one food-chainish concern is the grass/feed/fodder eaten by the cows that make the milk I consume. Since it’s only one level up, there’s no worry about it getting concentrated by animals eating animals.

Well, sure… as long as the weight loss isn’t so fast that the toxins released exceed safe levels as you body gets rid of them. AND it’s very important the person in question isn’t pregnant or nursing, as both of those can wind up releasing toxins in stored in fat. Nursing especially - the body likes to convert “baby fat” to milk. Doses of toxins/poisons/heavy metals tolerated by adults can be completely devastating to infants.

Well… I hope we’ve all learned our lesson after that BSE/“mad cow” debacle last century…

omelet

From here:

Cite

I can’t see how any such marketing campaign - even if it were backed by the government - could reverse the decline in demand for whale meat. Hopefully the company doing this will continue their over-optimistic expansion at pace, and go broke all the more quickly.

Just want to say à propos of the thread title, if you read chapter 2, “Whale Steaks,” of My Secret History by Paul Theroux, it will guarantee you will never have an appetite for the stuff.

That was a super clear, if slightly snarky (ain’t nothing wrong with that) explanation. Thank you for taking the time to make things so clear!

Did not intend for it to be snarky, my apologizes if it came across that way.