Who's your favorite Fantana? (Don't ya Wanna?)

Another vote for Sophia here. Second place goes to Kiki.

They probably left of their own accord, because their non-fruit-soda-based careers were taking off.

I’ve always been fond of the mute Fantana.

I like the one with giant robot arms and serrated jaw attachment. The one with the death ray eyes and laser beam forehead extrusion doesn’t do anything for me at all.

The first time I saw these girls I thought, Menudo Mujeres. And they’ll probably each be replaced as they cross the 21 year (of age) mark.

But I couldn’t spend too much energy on them because I was already disgusted with being subjected to 25 minutes of commercials before a movie that I paid $8.50 to watch.

AMEN! And then they have that obnoxious “You have been watching ‘The 20!’ Be sure to arrive early to your favorite movies so you can see ‘The 20!’”

Ugh! This is why I don’t go to the movie theater but once a year.

Well, that and the freakin’ $20 I paid for a popcorn and three sodas at the snack bar…

I have no problem with ads at movies, as long as they don’t go past the published start time of the movie.

And they don’t, at any of the cinemas I go to. I always check.

Well, the trailers do, and I guess technically they’re ads, but that’s different.

You mean to tell me that the commercials in your theaters start 20 minutes prior to the movie’s advertised start time? How does anybody get to see them? Maybe you’re talking about the slide show that runs in a loop on the screen before the lights go down at showtime?

That’s what I’m telling you. If I go to any of the local Regal cinemas for a movie scheduled for 9:20, the ads end and the trailers begin at 9:20.

If I take my seat between 9:00 and 9:20 I get to see some or all of the 20 or the Coke ads or whatever else they throw at me.

And I usually DO get there that early, otherwise I won’t find a good seat.

They do indeed run 20 minutes prior to the advertised start time, and end just AT start time, if they time them right. We went to see Phantom Christmas Day for a 3:40 PM show, got there about 3:30 and “The 20!” was about halfway through.