Why are single serve drink packets sugar-free only?

Sorry about that, I was trying to do it from memory. Now that my wife bought some from the store store I see that it has both sugar and Truvia in the ingredients. Never noticed that before.

Lipton Pureleaf tea in bottles comes unsweetened, but it’s hard to find. I’m lucky because the convenience store I go to most often has it. Just make sure the bottle says “unsweetened” and not “regular” because the latter is basically brown sugar water :X

^Actually, I just saw some of that Pureleaf in the grocery store yesterday, but the price was outrageous–like $8 for a six-pack. Jeez, the twelve-packs of their sweetened tea was only about $7.

Most, if not all, flavors of Emergen-C have sugar. Depending on where you are it may only be sold in boxes of single-serving packets. Trader Joe’s sells boxes; a deli near my work sells single packets; a local food co-op sells both single packets and boxes of packets.

Odd. I had a roommate who swore by the stuff. She offered me some once when I was sick and I had to decline because they had aspartame, which is a migraine trigger for me. I’m pretty sure it was the actual brand-name “Emergen-C” and not a knock-off, but I could well be wrong.

I suppose that makes sense. But it also reinforces that I am in the minority and unlikely to get what I really want. :slight_smile:

I’m in the minority with you. But since I really wanted the packets for when I’m at work and have access to a water cooler and cups, I buy cold brew tea bags. It wouldn’t work if wanted to keep the packets in the car and buy bottled water throughout the day.

I looked at the ingredients on the Emergen-C I’ve got and for maximum crazy it has BOTH sugar and aspartame. So, if you avoid aspartame for the taste, you’re golden, but if you have a sensitivity to it, you’re out of luck.