Why are there no BLUE food

Why are there no blue food?

I’m sorry, too busy eating my blue corn chips to answer.

La franchise ne consiste pas à dire tout ce que l’on pense, mais à penser tout ce que l’on dit.
H. de Livry

Fresh blueberries are quite definitely blue. Carlin was wrong.

“East is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.” – Marx

Read “Sundials” in the new issue of Aboriginal Science Fiction. www.sff.net/people/rothman

Mmm.

Firsts: A salad liberally sprinkled with crumbly blue cheese.

Main Course: Grilled Bluefish.

Afters: Blueberry Pie.

Elmer J. Fudd,
Millionaire.
I own a mansion and a yacht.

Coconut flavored sno-cones are blue.

• A rose by any other name would still have thorns -

Blue popsicles.

The finest delicacy to the considerably advanced tastes of the Cannibals of West Madagascar is blue balls, thus proving your theory null and void.

Hell is Other People.

The purpose of this message board is not to pass on old George Carlin jokes. Many foods are blue, more or less. Give it a rest until you have a real question.

I eat blue corn flakes for breakfast. They,and other “blue” foods are really purpleish. I think its a law that only the sky and ocean can be blue. Something about reflection. Food doesn’t reflect.
:wink:

orangecakes: I eat blue corn flakes for breakfast. They,and other “blue” foods are really purpleish. I think its a law that only the sky and ocean can be blue. Something about reflection. Food doesn’t reflect.

Then what’s the stuff I’ve been eating for 35 years?

If food doesn’t reflect, it’d all be pitch black. :slight_smile:

So I’m not a scientist! It just won’t reflect the blue spectrum! And thats probably wrong too!

You obviously haven’t looked in a bachelor’s refrigerator; there’s a whole lot of blue “food” in mine.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Back in my college days, I recall hearing about a marketing study. Subjects were seated at a table and shown a variety of food. The lights in the room were altered to change the food’s color. Subjects rated food least appetizing when it appeared blue – though I was never clear on whether that was due to the “blueness” itself, or to the fact that blue was the color furtherst removed from these food’s natural hue.

Man is color blind, sees no blue. Thus no blue food.

Alfred Hitchcock once, in an interview, mentioned the idea of having an all blue dinner… through liberal use of food colouring. Blue chicken soup, blue mashed potatoes, blue ice cream for desert, etc.

He said he never did it because he was afraid someone might hit him.

Where are you buying those, Rose? Around here blue sno-cones are raspberry flavored.

What Lawrence said.

This space for rent.

Blueberries are not blue, they are purple. Duh. right?

Can you live on ultraviolet and infrared foods?

If you had read The Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy you would know that the colour blue is uncommonly intelligent. There isn’t a predator smart enough to catch it yet.

Now, seriously, I’ve just eaten blue pickles. There’re common in my region of Japan and they taste good too.

Only humans commit inhuman acts.