Why can't I just ask her already!!??

Well, I see my work is done here.

:wink:

Failure rate:

This is old skool. I mean 20’s and 30’s American Swing-type old skool: a couple years back I caught the Swing Bug (zoot suits n’ everything). I was hanging out with a non-senile friend of the family who’s about 94-95 (I forget now). He told me about “Collecting the ‘no’s’”. Basically he said it was all laws of averages, so you have to collect your share of “No’s” before you get a “Yes”. Then he fell asleep.

NEwho, punk snot dead,
broccoli!

Okay, a story to boost your courage:

I was young and dressed up and out with friends. We were sitting outside when this guy approached and asked me my name. I gave him my number after we spent the whole night talking.

Seven years later, we got married. I found my soulmate just because he had the nerve to make it happen.

And yes, most women are flattred when men approach them with the intent to, well, with intent.

Face reality: You wussed out.

Anybody who analyzes why you wussed out is not helping you.

Anybody who rationilizess why you wussed out is not helping you.

Your own rationilizations about her friends being there etc. are your way of not facing the fact that it was fear that stopped you and nothing else.

You KNOW what the only resolution is, and it ain’t getting advice from one of nature’s highest concentrations of social misfits - the folks at the SDMB. Me excluded, of course.

And I thought Philster was a dick before I read the above.

Well actually Philster in the end I did NOT wuss out. Of course it was fear that made me wuss out originally. I’ll be the first to admit that I can be shy, but in the end I finally did it - and the folks at the SDMB were the ones who gave me the extra push that I needed thank you very much.

Philster is a dickhead

Philster is illiterate

or

Philster has the attention span of a gnat

Any of these such cases preclude him from getting laid, that helps me sleep at night.