Why did an Apache helicopter just circle my house?

There was an APB out for someone by the name of Quick Draw McGraw…

Tread lightly, El Kabong.

Sure there is! Just look at this guy’s method of redress. This is America, land of the free, where you have a right to eloquently state your opinions, and debate them cognizantly.

Tripler
God Bless America.

I live relatively near an Air Force base in ND (which, IIRC from many years ago, Tripler has some acquaintance with). I love seeing the guys bring their toys around (for practice, I presume), even when the low-flying helicopters send the dogs into a frenzy.

Wouldn’t it have been hilarious if the pilot would have dropped a string of lit firecrackers on the ground just to fuck with you?

Every job has a first day.

“What does this red button do?”

My guess is they are serious about enforcing the watering ban.

Either that, or the “do not put your trash on the curb before 7:30 PM” rule.
I was once followed by a police helicopter as I walked across campus at Kent State in the late 70’s. Didn’t help that there were also snipers on the rooftops. This was during the trials, and there was an “increased security presence” during a tense time.

You may ask, “what was kittenblue doing that was so suspicious?”

Well, it was a Saturday morning, and I was up early, on my way to the Music Department for marching band practice. I noticed that I seemed to be the only person up and about so early, and then the 'copter started hovering above me, and followed me all the way to the parking lot of the Music building. I think being the only person out walking that early freaked them out…either that, or they were protecting me from the protestors camping out on the hillside across from my dorm.

Was it your trombone case maybe?

You, sir are a jammy git! :smiley:

Maybe someone stole a tank and was sighted near your house.

30 Minutes or Less Air-to-Table-Via-Your-Roof Pizza Delivery.

I looked out and saw the stealth bomber plane fly over my house. They have to get from point A to point B somehow. I think my sighting may have been going to the military airstrip at O’Hare, but who knows??

Kal, I thought that was closed (the military airstrip at O’Hare) but I could be wrong. But the stealth fighter was probably there for the air and water show this weekend downtown.

Don’t worry bout the chopper. I was just checking to see how seriously they take anonymous tips.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and for stoking my paranaoia.

Although my head finds that DocCathode’s theory (that the chopper was doing an impromptu flyby for some kids) is indeed the most likely explanation, my heart’s gotta go with Tripler. After all, to the paranoid, nothing says ‘you have important, deep knowledge of what’s reeeaaalllly going on’ like a bit of helicopter surveillance. After all, if I wasn’t so important, they’d just put a couple of schlubs in a car down the street to watch me, wouldn’t they?

So, in conclusion, wherever you are, Mr. Helicopter Pilot, come out of your hole, because you’re nothing but a chameleon, lemonheaded, cowardly, terrorist PUSSY!!!

Delivering a pizza.

Seriously.

I love that guy!

Why did an Apache circle your house? mod_haskell got confused and thought it was the fixed point. mod_COBOL was in a rounding mode. mod_lisp executed a metacircular function. mod_prolog thought it was its own grandpa. mod_forth followed the wrong thread. mod_lang wanted you to be a Big Star.

August “Holding Patterns of Geekery” Derleth

That’s the one where they turn the engines off, isn’t it?

Shit. I just saw this thread and got really scared for a sec. Are they still there? Tell me if you see them leave, ok?

Oh! You are SOOO disappeared!