Why did the 1/6 committee wait until the end to subpoena Trump?

And, he can still spread bullshit about “they wouldn’t give me a chance to defend myself”. And the rubes will buy it.

I don’t know where else to post this since I killed the Jan 6 thread. ThelmaLou hangs head in shame

Transcripts released Thursday include interviews with:

From what I’ve heard this one is likely to be the most explosive. Miller dances around the fact that he never tried to contact Trump during the hours that Schumer, Pelosi (and I think Pence) were calling Miller and saying ‘where is the National Guard???’

One possible implication is that Miller already had his orders from Trump World: do NOT do anything to stop Trump’s fans from disrupting the Electoral College vote-certification process. Let them stop it.

I am extremely interested to see what follow-up there may be to Miller’s actions and inactions on that day. (And I hope against hope that the answer is NOT “no follow-up.”)

Probably “crickets”

I would NOT bet against those metaphorical noisy insects.

You’d think that if a secdef accepted orders to refrain from interfering with an unlawful attempt to subvert a legitimate Congressional function, that would matter.

But perhaps it would matter only if done by a Democratic secdef.