Why do mass shootings only happen in the US?

[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
You know, there’s stories of cops in Philly blocking off a street, going into a store, taking what they wanted, and then reporting it as a theft.

Yes stories is what I imagine they are. Not that there haven’t been problems with PPD.

There’s cops in NY who were hitmen for the mob.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess their victims were gun owners.

There’s a lot of things. Sometimes the awareness that someone can stand up to them is all it takes. You don’t need to use a weapon to stand tall. But the fact that they exist is a reason for ‘them’ not to ignore you out of hand.

Respect the citizens. Because if you don’t, you’re going to have to fear them, and that’s a lot worse.
[/QUOTE]

We need to respect each other as human beings not as potential antagonists.

Yes, we should. We need to. We can’t. Sad, isn’t it?

Yeah. A lot of interesting things have come up in this thread.

Do you think that once we invented a way for men to kill that didn’t require size, strength or special skills the nature of human dynamics irrevocably changed?

Well, that is when the revolutionary era started, plus or minus. You think it might be related? Guns + mass production = democracy?

[QUOTE=Polerius]
**Why do mass shootings only happen in the US? **
[/QUOTE]

Isn’t it obvious?

It’s because God hates America.

For a lot of reasons, but mainly because we won’t listen to Fred Phelps.

[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
Well, that is when the revolutionary era started, plus or minus. You think it might be related? Guns + mass production = democracy?
[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what you mean by mass production. An efficient manufacturing process i.e. assembly line is relatively recent. I can’t imagine firearms were inexpensive in the 18th century.

As opposed to when guns were curiosities, when entire armies were armed with rifles of similar types. Pre- assembly line, but most of the rifles were pretty identical. Napoleon’s army, and so on.

[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
Isn’t it obvious?

It’s because God hates America.

For a lot of reasons, but mainly because we won’t listen to Fred Phelps.
[/QUOTE]

Paging Reverend Robertson… would a Reverend Robertson please go to a white courtesy phone?

[QUOTE=Burton]
…How will you and your semi automatic hunting rifle restore democracy?
[/QUOTE]

I thought, based upon previous discussions that you felt semi autos were death incarnate and a blight on human and animal society? Now they are useless? Which is it?

BTW, if I was out for restoring democracy, my hunting rifle would stay at home…

[QUOTE=Burton]
I don’t know what you mean by mass production. An efficient manufacturing process i.e. assembly line is relatively recent. I can’t imagine firearms were inexpensive in the 18th century.
[/QUOTE]

They were very expensive, far more than now based on the buying power of a dollar.

Don’t quite see your point, though?