Why do men have nipples?

I actually did read before that men could feed their young if they were determined enough to manually stimulate lactation! Whether this is true, I do not know. However, there ARE medications that can cause men to lactate!

Welcome to the Straight Dope Message Boards, Fatal_Finality, we’re glad to have you with us. When you start a thread, it’s helpful to other readers if you provide a link to the column under discussion. In this case: Why do men have nipples? - The Straight Dope Saves searching time and helps keep us all on the same page. No biggie, you’ll know for next time, and, as I say, welcome!

i’ve read that the baby primate held in it’s father arms will also reflexively suck the male nipple. While no milk is produced, it does creates a pleasurable bonding experience for both members. This in turn leads to the father sticking around and defending his family, increasing the survival of the species. A little creepy to think about now days, but it does explain the partially functioning male nipple.