Why do old men wear their baseball caps that way?

Perhaps cinching down the cap tight would put too much of a squeeze on the scalp…Lord knows seniors don’t always have the best blood circulation, and they can’t afford to starve the blood supply anywhere.

[QUOTE=Phase42]
Heck, I’ve seen these same old men wear stocking caps the same way during cold winter months - in a crumpled heap perched on top of their heads, rather than pulled down to their ears.
[/QUOTE]
My father does that, but the hat isn’t a crumpled heap, it’s pointing straight up (hard to do with some knit hats). He does it to embarrass his children.

Baseball caps are to block the sun when catching a fly ball. The long bill is supposed to help that.

And threads like this get to stay while my threads get moved to the Cafe. :rollingeyes:

[QUOTE=diggleblop]
And threads like this get to stay while my threads get moved to the Cafe. :rollingeyes:
[/QUOTE]
Good call. I’m moving this one to IMHO.

samclem GQ moderator

See, I reckon the caps those guys are wearing are what I (and my 12yo stepson) call Trucker’s Hats, not baseball caps at all. They have some logo on the front that’s as stiff as a board, and airmesh everywhere. They look even stupider pulled all the way down, as the stupid badge on front sticks up like a stupid little peak.

True baseball caps are hemispherical and any badges they do sport are soft.