Why does the Minnesota Twins logo have a C in it?

The old Hartford Whalers logo is pretty cool too. It’s a W with a whale’s tail, but the negative space also forms an H for Hartford.

I tried to fix the link, but it still seems not to be working.

I think that’s pretty much a universal characteristic of fans of all sports teams, not just the 'Skins.

-Piker

Whoops, sorry. In case anyone still cares, here it is:

http://logoshak.com/~asgsport/images5/Whalers_3.gif

Go here and scroll down to Hartford.

Some great posts here. I was always told by friends and relatives who were big baseball fans-when I insisted that the m that looked like an elb also- that it was just a multicolored m. I always insisted it was both.

Also regarding the U. I thought it was just “the U” for the sake of simplicity for most of their players.

The answer to your question is very simple. The “T” and “C” stands for Twin Cities which refers to the cities of Minneapolis and St Paul. Most people in the region refer to Minneapolis and St Paul as the “Twin Cities”. That’s where the name Twins is from.

You are correct. But the names of the two gentlemen shaking hands are Mini and Paul. For obvious reasons.

They could have been the Minneapolis-St. Paul Twins, which is the convention used by minor league teams which have been known as Twins (or even Triplets), in the days when such teams were called that because they “represented” two communities, not because they were farm teams for the major-league Twins.

Speaking of Twins farm teams, the Rochester Redwings have sometimes used this as an alternate cap logo. “FC” stands for Flour City, or maybe Flower City.

buzzcon, was it really necessary to bring back a year-old thread just to give an answer that had already been given in the very first reply?

[moderating]
Good point. I’ll just close it down now.

(this is what happens when people reply to threads without reading them)
[/moderating]

It’s not closed. ♪♪ De, de, da, da, daa-dah, I can still post. ♪♪

BRAIN-N-N-N-SSSSSS!

And then there is the big S for Penn State University.

they are the Minnesota Twins, if they had the initials MT on their cap then people would just point at them and laugh.

I’ll bet you were a hall monitor :wink: