Why haven't They invented _______?

Make it so that the bots can be directed to aim all the reflected light from all of their mirrors at the spot chosen by the wearer and I’ll buy them. Imagine being able to ignite things just by pointing at them and saying a keyword - I’m a firestarter, twisted firestarter.

My crock pot has a switch that goes from Off to Warm to Low to High, but no power light, so when my wife puts stuff in and turns it on, she has no clue that it’s not cooking because she always unplugs it.

And why does she unplug it? Because my rice cooker, although it has a power light, has no on/off switch, so if it’s plugged in, it’s on, so just to make sure she always unplugs everything when she’s done with it.

Why can’t my crock pot have a power light? Why can’t my rice cooker have a power switch?

So I could set alarm at 6:30 Mon-Fri and 9:00 Sat and Sun and be woken by radio each time with that alarm? (The advert on the Target sight doesn’t make it clear that I could). Please say it is so, and I’ll buy one.

Yes. You can set two different alarms. Each one can be set for Mon-Fri, Mon-Sun, or Sat-Sun and you can be awakened by the buzzer or radio (which is pretty decent for an alarm clock).

Meh. Not really impressed with the spray-on sunscreens myself. It’s really easy to skip a spot and I don’t enjoy inhaling it either.

I wish they could magically invent a sunscreen in soap or body wash format. I have no idea how it would penetrate into the skin before it was rinsed off, but it’d be so convenient. Every spot would be covered and assuming you bathe every day, you’d never forget the sunscreen.

A label for prescription drugs that (using the same tech as those talking greeting cards) will read off the info and dosage when pressed hard with a thumbnail. I’ve got too many elderly relatives who CAN’T READ THE STINKING LABEL BECAUSE THE FONT IS TOO SMALL

What’s so hard about this?

This doesn’t talk, but it appears to be easier to read.

Very smart idea. Thanks (I didn’t know this existed). Probably a better solution (lo-tech is always better if it does the job as well).

I use my cell phone maybe once a week. It does everything, voice commands, pictures, the works.

The cell phone is great for folks that may have a hard time finding each other. Or are in an infamilar town.

Imagine at a business lunch or out with friends from out of town.

“Call us we’ll be back in the office at such and such time”, or whatever. Or, meet us at … where ever.

Instead of having to take the number down and put it in the phone. Hold the two phones together, and have it download the info. In-frared should do it.

Then, on the voice command menu, just ask for “Last contact”.

RCA used to have this included in their TVs. We used it for years when we used regular antenna reception, and it was very useful. When that TV died, we actually chose another RCA (and paid more for it) to get this feature, but it wasn’t included with the new model.

For years, I dreamed of figuring out how to turn a staple gun into a regular desktop paper stapler. Then Staples invented it.

I think that turn indicators in cars should beep or something after they’ve been on for longer than a reasonable amount of time. I realize that there are times when it is legitimate to have the turn indicator on for long periods of time (waiting through five cycles in the left-turn lane, for example), but it might cut down on how many people drive hours on the expressway without noticing that their left-turn light is on. (Gee, Mary, no one wants to pass me…)

I want a remote control lock on my house, just like my car.

Like this?

Very short range, though.

I also would like remote locking on my house, but you can get that with electric locks, proximity card reders, etc.

I want an alarm clock that can be playing the radio all night and still set off an alarm! I dont wake up with music as I find I need it to sleep, thus I need an extra alarm clock for the alarm since the radio doesn’t let me play an alarm :stuck_out_tongue:

I want a small fridge, say enough to hold a 6pack of beer, that takes 5 minutes to cool it to drinking temperature from room temperature. That’d be sweet.

I got one for Christmas: it’s called the Sonic Boom, and it has separate tone and volume controls that you can change as soon as you get used to whatever combo you set it to (it can go from barely audible to extremely loud and annoying) – and there’s a vibrating disc that you can put under your pillow or mattress. Best. Alarm clock. Ever. :slight_smile:

Many phones already do this - they send a ‘vCard’ that’s a sort of cross-platform contact info packet and can be received by another phone, or an infra-red enabled computer.

OK, I’ve not seen that specific function though.

Living in Hawaii, I’ve always dreamed of easier ways to put on sunscreen. The shower lotion is not a bad idea.

I always imagined the sunscreen coming throught the shower. Like those bottle attachments for the hose, which you use for weeding or car washing. Get your sunscreen in the beach shower.

Back in the 1970s, GM had light operation indicators on their high-end vehicles. I remember working on Cadillacs and Corvettes-they both used fiber optic lines to feed the display-in the Vettes they were on the center console, and Caddys put some of them on a dash pod, and left the front lighting readout on little chrome doobies at the leading end of the front fenders. If you had a symmetrical display of colored dots, everything was fine.

Temp sensitive shower valves and faucets have been around for a while, too. Grohe is one of the older manufacturers. Their stuff is great, but not for the faint of wallet. Repair parts have made some of my customers get sideways when they hear the quote.

The infrared data transfer is available on some Nokia models that I know of for sure, and my Palm does it also. You can actually transfer data from the Nokia to the Palm. Get a new phone/PDA? Press a few buttons and the address book is transfered. No muss, no fuss.

The Treo can do this, like any Palm computer. But I don’t know many people who have a Treo, so it doesn’t do a lot of good.

The shortcut I normally use is to simply call each other, to capture the phone number in caller ID, then I just have to enter the name to store it. This is particularly useful if the other person has a new cellphone number that they haven’t memorized yet.

Here’s another one: I would like to see boombox-type radios with the same buttons that a car stereo radio has, so that you can change to a different station by pushing a button. Of the half-dozen or more CD/Radio boxes we have around here, all but one uses an analog tuner, making it really difficult to change stations. The one does have digital tuning, but if you can’t find the remote, it’s even harder to change stations.

What I’ve always wanted was an alarm clock with “Auto-Adjusting Trick-U-Time”[sup]TM[/sup]. Basically, you set the time properly…then, in the middle of the night, it’ll put itself somewhere between zero and twenty minutes fast. That way, ya never really know…

I have one. I call it my computer. Sometimes I call it uglybox.

There should be a plugin for Winamp that’ll play whatever’s currently queued at a time that you set. I’m sure there is one, because there’s one for XMMS. Finding and using it is an exercise for the reader.