Why I will drink heavily on Election Day

I have despised Biden since the 80s. I just found out he’s trying to solve the student debt crisis still which IMO is worse than the mortgage crisis of 2008. I have to give him a chance to finish the job right? Vote for him? Is it to much to hope he solves the crisis quite quick and dies making President Harris?

Why are you drinking to near alcohol poisoning on November 5, 2024?

Sheeee-it, dude. Not that I have unqualified admiration for Biden myself, but you think his administration’s ongoing efforts to alleviate the student debt crisis are something to despise him for? Despite sticking with those efforts in the teeth of a virulently obstructionist Republican Party and undermining Supreme Court?

Yeah, I’m just so pissed off at Biden for not having fixed climate change and eliminated the national debt, too.

Moderating:

As this is more of a rant than a topic worthy of P&E, this is closed. @Saint_Cad, please let me know if you would like this reopened in the Pit.

At the request of the OP, this thread is reopened in the Pit.

Have fun!

You’re confused. That is the only thing I don’t despise him for. In fact, I think he’s (OK be brave here) doing a good job on it and deserves more time to work on it. Now let me hide in the dark and cry having admitted my shameful secret.

If you try hard, I’m sure your irrational hatred for Biden and the Democrats can overcome this obstacle and become pure once again. Don’t give up-We have faith in you!

Oh. Um, okay. Sorry, I guess I completely misread your OP.

Because it’s Tuesday.

Bidens done a fantastic job, and in the face of the most unethical and obstructionist house we’ve seen in modern times.

But yes, I’m nervous about the election, who isn’t?

Despite everything, despite every hypocrisy and destructive action of maga, Joe’s apparent frailness, and “eggs used to be cheaper” (despite the fact that the US’ low inflation is the envy of the developed world) may well be the things that determine the result :disappointed:

Drink all you want; I own stock! Personally, I think it helps to explain your raging hatred of a great president better than assuming ( without evidence ) that some medical condition might be taking advantage of your mind.

:smiley: Ah, here’s my table! Scooch over, @kayaker’s coming.

Why? I mean, I get that he’s a politician, and maybe his policies don’t align with yours, but as far as politicians go, his career is not one that screams “despise me”, it more like quietly indicates “competent guy from Delaware”.

And your opinion of Trump is?

I’m surprised that, 15 posts in, the 800lb gorilla in the room hasn’t been mentioned yet as a reason (that’s hardly even a metaphor, heehee), but if trump is the Repub nominee, which as of now it’s very likely he will be, that is why I will be drinking heavily on Election Day (and possibly for the next 4 years after that).

There’s a certain type of rightwinger that really hates Trump, but can’t bring themselves to oppose him, so they redirect all that rage into making excuses as to why they won’t support the person most likely to defeat Trump.

If you’ve been consuming political propaganda uncritically since the 80’s, then you will believe that Biden is a serial liar who plagiarizes all his campaign speeches, and since you’ve believed it for 40 years, you’re not about to re-examine it.

Remember when that was considered disqualifying? I don’t have the space here to list the things Trump has done which are way worse and not considered a problem for half of our voters.

There’s absolutely no reason to start drinking heavily on Election Day, when there’s ample reason to up your intake much earlier to blot out the “debates”, horse race media coverage and primaries/caucuses.

Actually, there’s some point to going on an epic bender on Election Night if polling is at all close. Anything to avoid a repeat of 2016, i.e. waking up to find Trump is President…again.

There’ll definitely be a point where I stop reading P&E and the Pit, I’ll tell you that…