Why no roads to Juneau?

Because all roads lead to Rome. Nobody ever said anything about Juneau.

Runaway Train (1985) is about a jailbreak from a maximum security prison in Alaska. However, most of the movie was filmed in Montana, and the movie takes great liberties with geography (for instance, Alaska has no rail network to speak of.)

Never Cry Wolf was shot in Nome and the Yukon. Heck of a good show, although it’s almost more of a documentary than an action/drama.

Sure we do. I’ve taken the train from Fairbanks to Anchorage several times. I suppose it’s not much of a “network” since it doesn’t go any farther than Fairbanks and doesn’t connect to the rail system in the lower 48. But there certainly are regular trains. Except ours are painted cheery blue and yellow, not black and gray like in the movie.

All of Oahu is in Honolulu. From here:

It seems its a question of semantics. Pearl City, for example, has a population of 31,000 people - but it isn’t a city.
(from Wikipedia)
It is a

So, according to this, I’m wrong. But to paraphrase Abe Lincoln, even if you call a dog’s tail a leg, it still only has four legs.

Yes, and damn your interference! You are blocking our plans for world domination**, and you will be dealt with!

**: Involving, in no particular order, flooding the world’s cuisine with delicious deep-dish pizza, Chicago-style hot dogs, and changing the main article “the” to “Da”.

-Cem

People went out and bought a lot of land in Willow thinking they could make a mint selling it for the new state capital - they ended up with worthless land that nobody wanted.

For this alone the battle must be fought and won. Chicago-style hotdogs are an abomination!