Why so many Australians featured on the Wiki homepage?

Most of them are of military fame. Here’s today’s: Bruce Kingsbury - Wikipedia

Others in recent months:

Jan. 1: Lachlan Macquarie - Wikipedia
Dec. 10: Nicky Barr - Wikipedia
Oct. 5: John Lloyd Waddy - Wikipedia

Can’t remember the last American, Chinese, Russian, Brit, Japanese or Frenchman thus featured. Is there a particularly influential Australian among Wiki management?

More likely a person or organized group of people who are good at crafting articles focused to Aussie history. The front page uses the pool of top-quality articles (“Featured articles”), so a group that hammers out a method for consistently meeting the featured article criteria could easily have a run like that. Click on the talk tab of the pages and you can see info on their quality rating and when they were featured.

Another Aussie military topic featured today: No. 1 Flying Training School RAAF - Wikipedia

Maybe something to do with Operation Boomerang?

And another today: Iven Mackay - Wikipedia

Still no intervening American, Chinese, Russian, British, Japanese or French officer in the meantime.

From here, just for February 2016:
February 1: Jean-Joseph Rabearivelo (Madagascar)
February 4: Abe Waddington (England)
February 6: Hugh Beadle (Rhodesia)
February 11: Josiah Willard Gibbs (US)
February 15: Chester A Arthur (US)
February 17: Myles Standish (England)
February 23: Military career of John McCain (US)
February 24: Æthelberht (England)
February 27: Arthur W Radford (US)

We are just that frickin’ awesome, that’s all.

I’ve actually wondered that too (and no, I don’t have anything to do with it).

I don’t really have any insights into why it might be, beyond agreeing there’s a lot of very dedicated amateur historians in this country and it’s quite possible that the Australian Military Taskforce on Wikipedia has a couple of talented people with the combination of time, knowledge, research ability and writing skills to ensure there’s quite a few Australian military folks ending up on the front page.

Huh. Thanks. For some reason the Australians really stand out.