Why was this post modded?

Rule here, emphesis mine.

As I recall the late Mr. Chance had envisioned a Great Debates forum with very, very focused topics. The topic in question is actually about whether section 3 of the 14th Amendment applies to the office of president. To debate what is or is not an insurrection is, in my opinion (and Babale’s), a hijack.

A hijack that began not with post #34, but really with post #18.

Your first post in the thread, #3, was on-topic. It would be hard to go off-topic with the OP sitting right there in front of you. But I’ve bolded the part which invites a hijack. In your better judgement you didn’t “go down the rabbit hole”. Yet.

Which brings us to post #18. This is the specific paragraph where the hijack began:

You decided to address the question of whether Jan 6 qualifies as insurrection. This is not a debate the OP proposed to have. It is not a debate the person you quoted in post #18 (also the OP) had brought up. It was a hijack plain and clear.

There was, however one other member who brought up the question of what constitutes insurrection.
@Exapno_Mapcase raised the issue in his post #4, dedicating most of that post to it. Judging by the timestamp you ninja’d him with #3. The differences between you and Mr. Mapcase is

a) respondants ignored the off-topic parts of his post until DrDeth came along in #23 (after you revived the topic),
b) he only made 6 posts (2 on-topic) compared to your 17 (4 1/2 on-topic),
c) perhaps most importantly, the thread died down on Friday and you revived it specifically to further your hijack.

Right here, you’re kind of sad that the thread died because people weren’t following your hijack. So, bump! and it’s back on the track.

But wait, that’s not all! You then hijack your own hijack:

First you hijack the thread to discuss whether Jan 6 is insurrection. Now you’re hijacking your hijack to ask whether a teachers demonstration is insurrection. And in the blink of an eye, you’re asking if it was insurrection when JFK was shot.

ekedolphin distinguishes your examples from Jan 6 by arguing that people in that event wanted to take down an entire branch of government. To which you argue that JFK is an entire branch of government.

Which you know is a controversial thing to say. So here you are inviting a hijack to your hijack of a dead/dying topic that you hijacked. And that’s where you finally got warned.

I rest my case.

~Max