[QUOTE=Tuckerfan]
[Drew Carey] Can you picture me in a Speedo? I’d look like a Bartlett pear with a rubber band around the middle. [/DC]
[/QUOTE]
If you have to ask someone else what color it is, don’t wear it. Naked wouldn’t be any more scary ![]()
[QUOTE=Tuckerfan]
[Drew Carey] Can you picture me in a Speedo? I’d look like a Bartlett pear with a rubber band around the middle. [/DC]
[/QUOTE]
If you have to ask someone else what color it is, don’t wear it. Naked wouldn’t be any more scary ![]()
[QUOTE=Hypno-Toad]
It used to be understood that one dressed appropriately for a Federal Court case.
[/QUOTE]
Oh sure, make a federal case out of it.
Sailboat
[QUOTE=Swallowed My Cellphone]
Cue music: “Scree!-Scree!-Scree!-Scree!”
[/QUOTE]
Gosh you’re fickle…
![]()
Where I work, a manufacturing plant, all of those who interact with the moving machine parts have company-issue uniforms, and are not allowed to wear dangly earrings or rings except for a wedding band; shoes had to be closed-toe, non-sneaker, etc… Supervisors had a generally business casual dress code, but they were also required to have a lab coat on over their clothes (and personally, I always had mine on because they keep the offices way too low).
For us, it wasn’t just an image/environment issue (as we did have to entertain the occasional tour group, client, or vendor), but also one of safety–those moving parts can generate a frightening amount of tonnage, and if you get a part of your limb caught in them you might as well kiss said limb goodbye.
[QUOTE=dotchan]
Where I work, a manufacturing plant, all of those who interact with the moving machine parts have company-issue uniforms, and are not allowed to wear dangly earrings or rings except for a wedding band; shoes had to be closed-toe, non-sneaker, etc.. Supervisors had a generally business casual dress code, but they were also required to have a lab coat on over their clothes (and personally, I always had mine on because they keep the offices way too low).
For us, it wasn’t just an image/environment issue (as we did have to entertain the occasional tour group, client, or vendor), but also one of safety–those moving parts can generate a frightening amount of tonnage, and if you get a part of your limb caught in them you might as well kiss said limb goodbye.
[/QUOTE]
Hey, I work in one with clean rooms - no perfume, no makeup, no nail polish if you are a clean room employee or might need to go into a clean room. You dress in bunny suits ala the Intel commercial to go into the clean room. I’m not a clean room employee - in seven years I’ve had to suit up only once - and that wasn’t a low particle count room - they let me in with nail polish.
[QUOTE=picunurse]
I quit, rather than have my panties inspected.
[/QUOTE]
Reduced the budget, didn’t it? ![]()
[QUOTE=Kalhoun]
I used to see a lot of this in the office (amongst the younger set): http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/browse/product_detail_with_picker.jsp?productId=prod150054
Is that considered OK?
[/QUOTE]
Not in my office, unless paired with a sweater or jacket that doesn’t get taken off. Besides, you’d freeze.
[QUOTE=TroubleAgain]
Not in my office, unless paired with a sweater or jacket that doesn’t get taken off. Besides, you’d freeze.
[/QUOTE]
Well I know I’d freeze for sure. I’d never wear that top alone. But I do see women dressed “that casually” at times. I think it’s out of bounds, myself.