Why yes, you do look like a ho.

[QUOTE=burundi]
But every year I have to spell out my dress code very explicitly: “You must wear shoes to work. I don’t want to see your underwear or your belly. You must shower regularly.” Oy vey.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty unreasonable, I’d say. What’s wrong with barefoot, underclothed and stinky?

( I know, I know, three posts in a row. This thread is like a cold drink of water after a day at the Bonneville Salt Flats !!! )

[QUOTE=Kalhoun]
Of course it’s a sashay. Silly me. Back in my day, all you needed was a decent shimmey to get your foot in the door!
[/QUOTE]

–cackle-- Back in your day, seeing a foot was considered racy !!
( d & r )

[QUOTE=Cartooniverse]
With all due respect, when I buy Dockers at WalMart, Target, JC Penny, Kohl’s or anywhere else, are they not the same Dockers? Or are there various grades of that kind of pants and am I buying the El Cheapadelico kind at Wal Mart and the better made ones at Kohl’s ??
[/QUOTE]

They don’t carry women’s Dockers at Target, only in house brands of khakis.

Actually, you can get lots of cute stuff at Target for $19.99. Won’t last long, but it’s cute. And in a snese, this is a self made problem for women. If we wanted to wear a standard “uniform” like most guys do, we could. And some women are perfectly happy in khakis and polos.

But most of us just like looking a little more stylish and are willing to spend a little extra time and money to get the look we want. The problem is that the clothing manufacturers don’t read our minds and produce the perfect shirt in our size available when we want it. (which would be tough as women’s sizes, shapes, and fashions are so much more varied tan men’s)

[QUOTE=DiosaBellissima]
…it is incredibly hard to find PROFESSIONAL clothing that is stylish, modern, and NOT slutty or school marmy…
[/QUOTE]
school marmy is kinda…hot…

Slutty schoolmarm is hotter.

No kidding, especially when you’re in the third grade and she lets you take the erasers out and pound them against the brick wall of the gym to get the extra chalk off and she goes out with you and it’s a hot steamy Philadelphia June kinda day and the sun just makes this thin trickle of sweat meander it’s way along her brow as she stands there holding the erasers and…
…um. Sorry.
:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Inigo Montoya]
school marmy is kinda…hot…
[/QUOTE]

Hey now, there’s a distinct difference between hot school marm and ankle length skirts that puff out on your hips with boxy, shoulder pad included, pastel colored jackets, and off-colored tan pantyhose to wear with your muted brown flats that are more functional that stylish.

Hot school marm = tight, slightly above knee length black pencil skirt, crisp white button up that is only buttoned half way, slutty black lacy bra, hair in a bun, black thick rimmed glasses, and a pair of these bad boys (pref. in all black or black and white though)..

Are we also including “hair pinned up with a pencil”? Cause with a pull of the pencil, marm becomes madam!

[QUOTE=Cartooniverse]
With all due respect, when I buy Dockers at WalMart, Target, JC Penny, Kohl’s or anywhere else, are they not the same Dockers? Or are there various grades of that kind of pants and am I buying the El Cheapadelico kind at Wal Mart and the better made ones at Kohl’s ??
[/QUOTE]

Target doesn’t carry Dockers - at least here they don’t.

[QUOTE=DiosaBellissima]
Hey now, there’s a distinct difference between hot school marm and ankle length skirts that puff out on your hips with boxy, shoulder pad included, pastel colored jackets, and off-colored tan pantyhose to wear with your muted brown flats that are more functional that stylish.

Hot school marm = tight, slightly above knee length black pencil skirt, crisp white button up that is only buttoned half way, slutty black lacy bra, hair in a bun, black thick rimmed glasses, and a pair of these bad boys (pref. in all black or black and white though)..
[/QUOTE]

I think you might be talking about this poor girl.
http://www.chadwicks.com/clothing/Pintucked-Dress.aspx?PfId=83629&DeptId=8218&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0
Ouch.

[QUOTE=Least Original User Name Ever]
Are we also including “hair pinned up with a pencil”? Cause with a pull of the pencil, marm becomes madam!
[/QUOTE]

Naturally. Or maybe we could find a way to pin hair up with a ruler. That’d work too.

No. the next choice is “compass”. Duh.

Um,** Kalhoun**, that dress isn’t too bad. That looks a little schoolmarmy, but it’s certainly presentable.

[QUOTE=Dangerosa]
Target doesn’t carry Dockers - at least here they don’t.
[/QUOTE]

You might be right about that. I gotta look next time I visit the grand Maison.

OTOH I will be in the Twin Cities in August and might be in need of an extra pair of pants, so I appreciate the head’s up !!!

[QUOTE=DiosaBellissima]
Naturally. Or maybe we could find a way to pin hair up with a ruler. That’d work too.
[/QUOTE]

Whew! I’m starting to feel like Vili Fualaau! :wink:

[QUOTE=Least Original User Name Ever]
No. the next choice is “compass”. Duh.

Um,** Kalhoun**, that dress isn’t too bad. That looks a little schoolmarmy, but it’s certainly presentable.
[/QUOTE]

Oops. Sorry. It’s waaaaay schoolmarmy to me. I’m sure she has a figure in there somewhere, but that dress will never show it.

I hate this one too: http://www.chadwicks.com/clothing/JG-Hook-Jacket-Dress.aspx?PfId=101406&DeptId=8217&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=3&pref=cs&pos=1

But…that one’s not too bad either!

Are we looking for the same things in these dresses?

[QUOTE=Kalhoun]
Oops. Sorry. It’s waaaaay schoolmarmy to me. I’m sure she has a figure in there somewhere, but that dress will never show it.

I hate this one too: http://www.chadwicks.com/clothing/JG-Hook-Jacket-Dress.aspx?PfId=101406&DeptId=8217&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=3&pref=cs&pos=1
[/QUOTE]

My mom used to dress like that in the early 90s.

Yup, that’s it.

Oh, she also had several like this.

[QUOTE=Least Original User Name Ever]
But…that one’s not too bad either!

Are we looking for the same things in these dresses?
[/QUOTE]

Easy access? :wink:

[QUOTE=tremorviolet]
They don’t carry women’s Dockers at Target, only in house brands of khakis.
[/QUOTE]

And if you’re a “petite,” forget it. I can’t wear any of Target’s pants, longer skirts or dresses.

[QUOTE=Tuckerfan]
Whew! I’m starting to feel like Vili Fualaau! :wink:
[/QUOTE]

Damn, what kind of old-ass teachers do you know?