Wi-fi dropping on a new laptop. Why?

Try this:

-Click Start
-Type: device manager
-Click on Device Manager
-Look for Network Adapters, click the > to the left of Network Adapters
-Look for your Wifi adapter, it should be called “Intel Wifi”, “Intel Wireless”, something of that.
-Right-click on it and pick Properties
-Left click on the Power Management tab.
-Uncheck the box that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

It’s a long shot but shouldn’t hurt anything to try. Only downside would be increased battery consumption if you run on battery and leave the computer idling a lot. You can always see if it helps the disconnect issue, if not check the box again.

Standing RF waves emanate from the Earth and move out into space.

They can and do interfere with wireless signals.

Move your WiFi source a foot or so. Reboot.

I think I have found the problem: Intel wi-fi cards/drivers…are shit.

I’ve had this same problem now with multiple Windows 10 and Intel wi-fi cards, and on different networks.

Intel, whatever the fuck you’re doing with your wi-fi…ain’t working. I have a Windows 7 from 2011, and it’s no problem. It’s stable. But Windows 10 and next gen Intel cards are shyte on multiple computers. Sometimes I can’t even reconnect on multiple attempts. It’s horrible. Worse, MS has removed some of the quick fixes that might have worked in the past (power settings, etc).

Solution? Ethernet.

Or if you want to use WiFi but don’t want to use the built-in WiFi antenna, you can get one that connects to a USB port. At the same time, you can disable the built-in WiFi antenna in the BIOS.

You don’t have to dig that deep, it’s sufficient to deactivate the wifi driver in device manager.