Will the classic look-and-feel option be coming back?

I was hoping that now that things have died down somewhat, an admin might be able to look into restoring the option to use the other style. Thanks very much.

Au contraire, there hasn’t been a more hectic time in a long while.

There’s also the possibility that we’ll switch from RC4 to the new Gold version of vBulletin, but I don’t have an official word on that yet.

An admin might come by to answer your question.

Do you mean the one where they cut the little V out of the bread and then put the filling in ?

Thanks, Xash. Kudos to all of you for your work. I can wait. :slight_smile:

How classic are you looking for?

Wow! :smiley:

I’m not sure if this is what Libertarian was talking about, but I would like to see the option to change the board style come back as well. This Trebuchet font in which the posts are displayed doesn’t work very well. Bold text is virtually indistinguishable from non-bold text. At least on my Mac (Mac OS X 10.3, Firefox browser - other browsers as well). And bold text can be pretty important sometimes.

I’m using IE 6, Win98. Bold is clearly visible to me. Looking at the normal and bold word “text” in your post on my screen, basically the vertical strokes on bold letters are 2 pixels, non-bold 1 pixel.

I use Mac (OS9) and Win 98 and XP and I can see everything just fine.

I hope they don’t mess with it too much…

Phase42, I have the same setup (OS X 10.3, Firefox) and I can see bold text just fine.

If we’re talking about the drop-down box that changes the Page View between “BrightLinks,” “Straight Dope” or “VB style,” I also would like to know. Compared to this view, the blue-on-blue “VB Style” is much easier to read, especially on my notebook computer. I would really enjoy having the option restored, if it’s not too much trouble.

Yes, that’s the one, El Cid. Now that things might have settled down a bit, I thought I’d reask. Thanks, staff.

elmwood, that scared me. Only 6 boards, all the old mods and barely 50,000 posts in frickin’ MPSIMS?? Damn, the boards were weird four and a half years ago…