Will the Uniparty Help Democrats?

When Representative Marjorie Taylor Green introduced her motion to vacate the House Speaker today she was booed and responded that this would show Americans who the Uniparty was. As I understand it, the idea of the Uniparty is that Replicans and Democrats are indistinguishable from one another. As this idea gains popularity, will it hurt Republicans running for office in the coming years? I don’t believe it’ll hurt Trump, but if Republicans running for the House or Senate are part of the Uniparty, why would Republican voters support them?

What she is desribing is the anyone but the crazy Trump cry baby supporters party, and yes it would help the Democrates.

The question relies on an absurd premise (that the idea of the Uniparty could gain traction, let alone popularity). Even MTG is unlikely to actually believe The Uniparty exists, else why would she adopt being wrong all the time as her strategy to fight it?

Feels like a weird SF parody in here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s not really about whether the Uniparty is real. I certainly don’t think it is. But if enough Trump supporters believe it’s real maybe they’ll be less inclined to vote for for House or Senate elections.

I think we did a good job changing names just enough for plausible deniability.

My favorite Greek philosopher.

Greene’s position is that the Freedom Caucus is the only real true Republican Party and that any deviation from the ideal is traitorous. You know, the positions that Stalin and Mao took. They followed deviationism - a real thing - with jail, exile, and death trials. Don’t for a moment not believe that such are the thoughts that allows Marge to drift off to sleep with a smile.

Can this idiocy spread? Stalin and Mao were able to do so from positions of power, of which Madge has none. Only Trump could seize on the notion and only if he became president. He uses such thoughts when he can’t sleep and Truths throughout the night, but he’s not introducing them into his standard rhetoric.

MTG is an outlier. The D’s and R’s don’t get along, don’t even overlap except when forced to keep government running. The uniparty has as much life as the unitard as a fashion statement.

It’s why I think we need to refer to MTG, and Trump, and others, as RINOs. They’re not interested in any tradition of Republican values (however odious those values might be): they’re only interested in spectacle and hero-worship. Leave the Republican Party to the folks upholding its traditional (terrible) values, and call Trump and MTG RINOs.

Maybe RINOs will take over everything. It’s happened before; I’ve read my Ionesco. But I stand by this appellation.

I never saw the play but I did see the movie. Zero Mostel was magnificent in it.

Anything that divides the Republican party into factions is going to hurt their prospects of getting or maintaining a majority in Congress. Why bother coming out to vote if both candidates are the same. The Democrats have their own problem with this on the far left, in particular those pro-Palestinian Liberals who see Biden as a war monger.

But I doubt that this worries MTG at all. As I said in another thread, MTG is not interested in actual accomplishments all she is interested in is maintaining the appearance of a radical fighter against everything liberal. So from her point of view the Republicans losing the majority might be a good thing. Its easier to be an iconoclastic firebrand if you are fighting the system rather than a part of it.

She comes to only disrupt as Trump did. They want to tear down our democracy and put in an autocracy.

If the Uniparty is real, then it’s irrelevant whether it helps or hurts Democrats. There aren’t any Democrats. The question is whether the Uniparty helps the Uniparty, or helps the Freedom Caucus (or whatever the not-Uniparty chooses to call itself).

There’s no “if” here beause the Uniparty isn’t real. I could rephrase it. Does the idea of the Uniparty help or hurt the Democrats? An idea doesn’t have to be rooted in reality for it to have a political impact. I was thinking it would more than likely help the Democrats as beleive in the Uniparty would most likely divide Republicans. But since MTG is currently licking her wounds after her humiliating attempt to vacate the Speaker of the House I’m not sure the Uniparty has any traction.

I think “MGT and Gaetz are the real RINOs”, could work as a rejoinder. It deflates the air out of MAGA’s attempt to marginalize then crush their intra-party opposition.

Interesting wiki leak.