Will this election also be decided by the perverse American fetish for GUNS?

White people demanding guns to protect themselves from a system of government designed to enrich white people is the definition of America.

I read stuff like this post and it’s clear to me you want the gov to kill us, wouldn’t care at all, and would probably throw a little party if it happened.

And that’s quite twisted.

That is a terrible analogy.

Then if all those other issues are so important, why the hell can’t the Democratic Party unbend enough to remove just one goddamn plank from their platform that keeps losing them elections? But no, apparently it’s the progressive Left for whom guns are objects imbued with associations: symbolizing the inherent illiberalism of conservatives- as indeed the multiple slurs of the OP demonstrate.

I see no evidence that it costs Democrats elections. If you’re a gun nut, you vote ® every single time for every single office. If Elizabeth Warren dressed up like Rambo and posed with an AK47, she’d gain exactly zero votes from gun nuts.

Isn’t the entire premise of the OP that it does?

Every citizen in every democracy around the world without the benefit of the 2ndA is living paralyzed in fear about their government coming to kill them.

Wait. No. Just in the USofA.

Maybe the problem isn’t the government, but the psychotically paranoid faction of the electorate.

That’s what’s twisted.

Probably because people wouldn’t believe her, or any of the others. Dems seem to think you can just take pictures and awkwardly pander and lie and it sells.

And Democrats like guns too, bud. It’s as American as apple pie. You think 300++ million firearms are in the hands of the “gun nuts” then you’re bound to keep losing.

Which is cool with me.

I could write a dem party platform right now for Yang or Tulsi and if the left threw their weight fully behind them, they might actually win.

But thankfully they have no plan to do that and your friendly water carrying media doesn’t either.

So that’s good.

So your new and improved Democratic Party platform is to sell out cheap to the NRA and gun lobby. Like the GOP has whored it self out for years.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Hey, at least the gun lobby and the NRA are actual Americans. Keep up the good work & enjoy Trump.

Again, no thanks. But clearly you seem to be enjoying Trump. And they said there are some dirty jobs that real Americans won’t do. :rolleyes:

You just shit on just about half the electorate, Mr. Inclusive. You’re on your way to being so inclusive that you’ll be all by yourself shouting at the sky before long.

So are Democrats.

You don’t get to decide who are and aren’t “real Americans” asshole.

Yep. Just me and the other half or so of the electorate. All alone.

P.S. that shit all over your nose isn’t mine. We don’t know each other like that.

I DO agree with you! I really wish the D’s would de-emphasize guns. The guns themselves are a small problem; they just annoy rationalists like myself because they epitomize American stupidity.

I wonder if YOU would agree with ME? That only strange stupidity could cause someone to treat a possible ban of the AK-47 as more important than the myriads of damage Donald Trump is doing?

How can that be? What part of “shall not be infringed” don’t you understand?

Too late for that. Seems he already has.

And you are doing the equivalent of shitting in the middle of the living room floor in a desperate attempt to get people to pay attention to yourself. Your “points” are stale and you got boring fast, so I’m moving on.

Are you for both sides to quit talking about guns, or just the Democrats?

“Dems seem to think you can just take pictures and awkwardly pander and lie and it sells.”

?
“Dems seem to think you can just take pictures and awkwardly pander and lie and it sells.”

OK yes he really said that.