Williamsburg, VA

I am planning a fun business trip (includes employees and families) to Williamsburg, VA in February. The trip will be two nights - Friday night and Saturday night - Is anyone from Williamsburg or know what there is to do in Williamsburg? I checked some sites on the web but didn’t find much. Any ideas??

People will forget what you say.
People will forget what you do…but
People will never forget how you make them feel.

Well, my family and I just went there over 4th of July weekend, and we had a great time.

The main thing in Williamsburg are the historical sites…Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown.

A stone’s throw away is the Hampton Roads area. We enjoyed the Mariner’s Museum in Newport News and the Virginia Marine Science Center in VA Beach.

We also did plenty of other stuff on that trip, but probably too far away for you to consider.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@schicktech.com

“Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the
impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be
the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks.”
– Douglas Adams’s Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective

Ah, fun things to do in Williamsburg:

1. Have a gutter wine tasting with the fine selection at Sentry Food Mart.

2. Go to Big Lots, your friendly local warehouse leftover store, and have a contest to see who can find the weirdest or tackiest item.

3. Watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the 1,000th time.

4. Get a baby pool and a heap o’ grits and have Grit Wrestling Night.

5. Check out the fine selection of caffeinated beverages and performance art at the Meridian Coffeehouse, 206 S. Boundary Street. (Tell them Nora says hi!)

6. Drive out to the James River at 4 a. m., turn your car radio on high, and go dancing (until the police come).

Can you tell I went to college there?

And let’s not forget Busch Gardens, home of some seriously great roller coasters! They also are nicely themed with different spots of old Europe. Eat at Octoberfest for the best food at the park.

Yer pal,
Satan

My girlfriend goes to W&M and I just visited her recently. There is literally a pancake and waffle house every ten feet in Williamsburg and a deli every twenty feet. If you ever want to play a joke on somebody down there, tell them to meet you at the pancake house down the street from the deli. The reason there are so many delis is because there’s some local wacky law saying a place can not exist primarily to serve alcohol or something akin to that, so most of the delicatessens serve alcohol on the side, but that doesn’t explain the disturbing number of pancake houses.

Try this:
http://www.williamsburg.com

This will tell you about special events during the time of your visit, as well as regular standing events.

Also, in the historic area, there are 3 or so pubs that serve period meals, and all the staff are in costume. It’s a little pricey, but makes for great memories & photo ops!

Reservations for dinner are HIGHLY recommended, even for weeknights & family size groups. If you were taking your whole group there I’d call as far in advance as possible.

Lunch is much more flexible, though & IMO just as much fun.

Sue from El Paso
members.aol.com/majormd/index.html