Wingstop or Buffalo Wild Wings?

I’m not a fan of chicken wings; too little meat for too much effort. Gimme a chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A or Burger King, or chicken tenders, any day.

Actually none of the pieces will be wing tips: Those are seldom seen in the US at all. A full wing has three segments, not two.

And isn’t Taco Bell under the same umbrella as Pizza Hut, too? How do Wingstop’s sauces compare to Taco Bell’s? I have a hard time imagining that a company afraid to sell actually hot sauces with “Mexican” food would sell them with wings.

I like wings, but I’ll eat something else before I’ll eat any from those two choices.

Wingstreet is associated with Pizza Hut. Wingstop has no connection at all.

Yum! Brands. Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC, WingStreet. Formerly owned A&W and Long John Silvers.

When did the A&W split happen? As of three years ago there was still a joint A&W/KFC store in Bozeman, MT.

There’s a place here called Pok Pok. They’ve managed to find a source that raises chicken-zillas. The wings are huge and a half dozen is a meal. And they’re fantastic.

Not sure if this is a typo, but it was Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck, as in Beef on Weck which is another Buffalo food. Hot thin sliced roast beef au jus and horseradish on a kimmelweck roll, which is basically a kaiser roll sprinkled with coarse salt and caraway seeds prior to baking. I like wings okay, but I’ll take a Beef on Weck over wings every time.

Yes it was… not sure if it was auto correct from the computer or from my brain. I know it should be weck… so I will take full blame for the mistake.

You are absolutely correct… I’ve apparently never seen a Wingstop. I’ll just awkwardly bow out of this thread now.

Neither one is anything to write home about, but at Wingstop the flavors seem more cooked into the chicken than added afterward as sauces or rubs to precooked unflavored chicken.

Buffalo Wild Wings is a place to hang out, though. Wingstop is…like being at any fast food place.

Buffalo wings are deep fried without preparation other than cleaning. They don’t get any flavor until they’re tossed in sauce after cooking. This isn’t to say the the canonical Buffalo wing is the One True Way of chicken wings, just to note that flavoring after deep frying is traditional, so I don’t think it’s fair to criticize it as a shortcoming.

Furthermore, I don’t know how you could get flavor into a chicken wing when deep frying and if you’re not deep frying it, while it is certainly still a chicken wing, it is most certainly not a Buffalo wing. Even Buffalo BBQ wings get deep fried before being tossed in BBQ sauce and grilled on a pit. And if you put bread crumbs or batter on chicken wings prior to deep frying, you have definitely made food, but you have not made Buffalo wings.

I chose BWW.

I’ve only been to Wingstop once in the Chicagoland area. I think the wings are, for the most part, on par. I liked the Louisiana dry rub, and the Atomic. The Atomic had a bit more tang than BWW’s Blazin’. I prefer the Blazin’ sauce , but the Atomic was a nice change of pace.

My above all favorite sauce is BWW’s Thai Curry. If they had something like this sauce at Wingstop I think it would close the gap. I’d love to find this recipe so I could make it myself.

Frankly, BWW is overpriced, but their wing Tuesday’s make them a tad more reasonable. Wingstop seemed a bit better price wise, but then they’re really meant to be more of a takeout place (from what I gathered).

Where I live, Pizza Hut sells wings that are branded on its menu as “Wing Street.” I don’t know about Wing Stop. There is a BWW by a Walmart in between an Olive Garden and a Panera Bread down the street. I stopped at a BWW once after my son’s eye doctor appointment and we ate burgers and my kids played on the tablets.

Amen. Wings can be breaded, but when I see something labeled “Buffalo wings” on the menu, they sure as heck better not have any bread (or batter) on them. Naked wings, tossed in Franks (or other Louisiana style hot sauce) and margarine/butter and perhaps some ancillary spices and flavorings, but that’s the base. In general, I do enjoy the occasional breaded chicken wing, but to me that’s like breading bacon.

I have been to both of these establishments and can safely say they are among the worst restaurants I have had the displeasure of visiting. Went to BWW for a post-sport season party with a large group - the place was crowded and VERY noisy - to the point you could not hear the person next to you. The food was horrible - we got some appetizers thinking they would be safe, along with wings - everything was terrible, and the ghastly dipping sauces tasted like they spent too long in a plastic container. Nothing at all was “fresh”.

My son likes Wing Stop for some reason - so I went there with him prior to a pro basketball game a while back. We just wanted a quick bite. I think I got 6 wings, but the 6th one was just batter shaped like a wing. The sauce was okay, but the whole experience was a disappointment - it seems like food for 6=year-olds. That said, I would have to give WS a half-star above the horrible BWW (which gets 0 stars).

If I never visit either place again it will be too soon. I’ve had better buffalo wings at a work dinner at Applebees. Since wings is the main business for BWW and WS, youd’a thought they would be able to do better.

I love BW3’s, and not just because of the wings. One must not be afraid to send them back, though, because sometimes they will bring you non-fresh wings if it’s not particularly busy. Because I’ve never been to a Wing Stop, I will have to avoid participating in the poll.

Looking at their restaurant locator near my home ZIP code, it appears they all seem to be in parts of the urban area that I would never visit, and so it appears unlikely that I will have a chance to test WingStop.

Only way to prepare a chicken wing for eating is to stuff it with pork, vegetables, and glass noodles; fry it; and serve it with plum sauce. It’s so heavenly that every Thai restaurant I’ve found them at calls them “Angel wings.”

BWW but mostly because the ones I’ve been at have had really great service; the wings actually rate about the same to me.

I’ve never been to a Wingstop. Have been to BW3s a few times. I don’t much care for it, mainly because it’s so damn LOUD. There are 80 TVs blaring in your ears and the sound bounces off the walls.

Maybe I’m just getting old. :stuck_out_tongue: