Winston Churchill has died

Here.

Pamela Harriman?

Wow, for a second there I thought I was a whole lot worse with history than I actually am.

You and me, both.

Don’t be absurd!
Winston Churchill died back in 1947.

The Hon. Pamela Beryl Digby Churchill Hayward Harriman – who certainly reprised the real-life role created by her grandmother-in-law Jennie Jerome quite ably.

Any update to the status of the grandson of Generalissimo Francisco Franco?

Still hanging on to dear life. Now, I wonder if Michael Jackson is feeling okay, though?

Hard to get any specifics on his offspring. Mostly what I can find are blanket statements.

Well, his great-grandson theoretically could become Louis XX of France someday.

I have a biography of her. Fascinating woman.

The obligatory Winston Churchill anecdote is that told by the late Clement Freud, who was a Liberal MP during the 70s and 80s and who once went with him to China in a cross-party delegation of MPs. At each stop on the tour Churchill was always accorded special treatment: best room in each hotel, particular attention from waiters, etc. Miffed, Freud commented on this to one of their hosts, who duly explained “Well, Mr Churchill had such a very famous grandfather.”
Freud subsequently observed that “It is the only occasion in my life when I have been out-grandfathered.”

Sometimes particular attention from waiters is just particular attention from waiters.