Wish me luck, I just dropped off my Fair entries

It’s the recipe I gave China Guy a while back here on the board. I haven’t done it for years, so I practiced. So now we have rye bread and to spare.

YAY!! My basket got a white.

We Want PICTURES!

Congrats!

Walworth County?

I hope you do well. The lack of entries is what stopped me from showing up at the fair.

I used to enter stuff, but had to stop. They really need to get with the times and change the entrance routine. Having to be there during a couple hours in the middle of the weekday is too restrictive. Computerized internet entry would be nice too.

Awesome! Congrats!

And I second the call for photos.

Thank you, everybody.

Pictures will be forthcoming after Sunday evening when I get the things back. They won’t photograph well in their little display cages.

Kat, we’ll be in Waukesha that Friday, and I’m staying for the week, but I don’t think I’ll be able to persuade my husband to drive all the way up to Big Falls just for free corn. (He lives in Milwaukee right now.)

gigi, I figure a ribbon is better than none. Around here it pays four dollars against the one dollar entry fee. The scarf I entered came up blank. What kind of basket did you do?

Barrels, Will County, IL

Harmonious Discord, We can enter by mail, and the Fair book is available at some places in town, like the bank. I don’t know what they do in other areas of the county. I just happen to have grown up in the town where the fairgrounds is, and I’m only about 12 miles away now. I picked up a book and then took the entries in. Internet entries would be nice, but I know the members of the Fair committee. Don’t think it will happen anytime soon. :slight_smile:

Well, tell him it’s to meet some strange chick you know from the internet and free corn. :smiley:

Oh, yeah, that’ll do the trick. “Weird internet people.” :slight_smile:

Hey, what’s wrong with weird internet people?!

For me, nothing, I are one. For him, he’s not so sure about any of this. The internet weirds him out a bit, I think, and he’s sure it’s all just a little too risky.

And the man’s a programmer!

Oh, well, I love him anyway.

Congratulations, thirdwarning!

This year’s blue ribbon, in progress.

Last year’s

My basket was a tote with a wooden handle, and a natural and blue twill pattern. Apparently it was beaten out by a cat’s head, which is perfectly understandable.

Those quilts are beautiful! Someday maybe I’ll get there.

The basket sounds pretty cool, too. But it’s tough to beat a cat’s head, I agree.