Woman saved by message on bathroom wall.

I haven’t seen this episode of C.S.I., but if indeed it was a plot-line last season, it may well be that programme which has indirectly saved this woman’s life by giving her the idea of writing on toilet walls in the first place.

Lest that sound far-fetched, the only reason my daughters know to kick out a cars tail-lights if they are ever bundled into someone’s boot (trunk), is because I once saw this on a TV show. A motorist who sees a foot sticking out where the tail-lights should be will most likely call the police. It’s not something which would have occured to me had I not seen that show.

i’m with you on that one, reprise. i heard about the tail light thing on oprah. until all car’s come with latches that can be opened from the inside, all kids should know how to kick out tail lights. the guy on oprah also mentioned that if you can’t kick out the tail light due to being tied up try pulling on the wires to disconnect. police stop people with lights out.

re: her hair. i thought it either a wig or a recent dye job. perhaps she felt the need to have a bit of a disguise for protection.

I thought I’d revive this thread with some new information…

She made it all up.

You’ve got a sharp eye, Wring.

Unfortunately, that scene in whatever movie you saw is taking a bit of literary license there…

A huge majority of the cars today have enclosed trunks (boots to you UK people), where the taillight assembly has screws that extend into the trunk area through a small hole, then is secured by a plastic wingnut or nut. No way to fit a foot through there.

Of course, the light being cracked may call some attention to it, but probably not the amount of attention someone being trapped in a trunk would like.