word association: police

which of these words do you think fits best with “police”?
[list=A]
[li]protect[/li][li]serve[/li][li]harass[/li][li]oppress[/li][/list]

I would’ve said “pig” but since that’s not a choice I’ll go with ©harass. Yes, that’s my final answer.

C. Long story, starting on 22 April '99. :rolleyes:

a) and b); protect and serve
but then I’m British, does that make a difference? :slight_smile:

Apparently it does, Cat.

In my experience, C.

Although I’m willing to believe they engage in both A and D as well. B I’m not sure about.

I was replying to the op in that those were the first two that seemed appropriate. I sure that c and d occur but they’re not the first thing that springs to mind.

Actually when I read the title the first word to do with police was car, not man (or woman), maybe cause you tend to see more cars than bobbies on the beat. I dunno. :slight_smile:

In my experience, predominately A with a little bit of D. Although when I read the title of this post, the first word that came to mind was “blue”.

I’m so simple. :smiley:

Here in Australia I’d generally say:

a) and occasionally b)
Unless they work in the Valley here in which case it’s e) live off the brothel owners

Handcuffs.

:slight_smile:

-L

Sting.

(A)

Stewart Copeland.

Sting.
OK, that’s been said…
Andy Summers.
If they’re playing “Every Breath You Take”, then, choice C: Harass. Otherwise, B: Serve, as I’m getting music.

But seriously, I probably feel occasionally harassed–more than oppressed–by the police. I’m not sure I feel protected or served, but I guess society’s being served–when it’s not being harassed. Sort of like what I said about the Police.

**sub
        [/sub]O
        º
      sub)[/sub]
        +
        A
        " **

If the interaction I’m having with the police is part of both of our jobs, then B.

If, at the time of the interaction, they’re the only ones working, then C & D.

The first thing I thought of was the color navy-blue.

The first thing I thought of was the color navy-blue.

When I think of Police:

Donut
Pig
Oink
Fucker
Oppresser
Liar
Corrupt
Unconstitutional
Power
Bored
Lazy