"Wordle," a strangely compelling word game (Part 1)

Wordle 328 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

CRANE
TOILS
TIPSY

After you complete the puzzle a share option pops up. Or get it from the statistics bar in upper right. Copy then paste it here. Add your own spoilered guesses.

Wordle 328 3/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square:

Leash, worst, tipsy

Wordlebot got it in 4. It repeated a yellow square. It must be human🤪

When you get the popup at the end of the game, click on SHARE and it will copy the grid to the clipboard. You can then paste it wherever you like.

Wordle 328 4/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

BEARD
QUILT
PINTS
TIPSY

Wordle 328 4/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:

SHIRK
LINTS
BIDET
TIPSY

Thanks for letting me know! Anyone else pre-plan their first word the night before?

I have a list of 18 starters that I rotate through every 18 days.

Clamp Crisp Clasp Cramp Clomp Crimp Crept Clans Crest Claps Crops Clips Craps Clams Crits Clots Crams Clops

Wordle 328 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

HEART
TOILS
TIPSY

I should’ve gotten this in 4, not 5. DUH

Wordle 328 5/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

SNORT
LAUGH
MEDIC
STIFF — duh, not too smart, it could not be STIFF
TIPSY

I thought for sure I had it at 3. Oh well.

Wordle 328 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

CRATE
THINK
TULIP
TIPSY

That’s weird. My wordlebot analysis got it in 3.

Odd. Wordlebot guesses Dealt, north,caput, tipsy

I would have thought wordlebot would have the same guesses. Mine says

CRANE
SLOTH
TIPSY

(wordle 328)

Everyday so far I see WB uses the same starting guess dealt.

Nothing to bark about today.

Wordle 328 4/6*

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

IRATE
STING
POSIT
TIPSY

In a sense, I do. I always use yesterday’s word as today’s starter. Certainly keeps things fresh!

Wordle 328 3/6* 3/13/2022

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

SLUNG - Well, that knocks out… almost nothing.
VISTA - But this is promising. Let’s see, ST digraph at end gives us almost nothing, so TI?S? - with third letter a consonant…
TIPSY

Second word would have been STAIR if it hadn’t repeated the placing of the S. Pretty lucky guess on the whole. BITSY remained possible, for instance…

Wordle 328 3/6*

:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

TRAIT
TIGHT (this was dumb)
TIPSY

One of us… One of us…

Wordle 328 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:blue_square::orange_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square:
:black_large_square::orange_square::blue_square::blue_square::orange_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

ARIEL
PIOUS
WISPY
TIPSY

I really thought WISPY was going to be it. Didn’t see TIPSY until then.
And thanks to this solve, I’ve added PIOUS to my list of starting words. There are now 26 and they all have three vowels.

In other news, for the first time ever, I got the daily Octordle in 10 - no clocks!

Daily Octordle #109
:four::eight:
:nine::keycap_ten:
:six::three:
:seven::five:

A good bit of luck was involved. My penultimate word was _IDDY, with B and G both still in play. I won that coin-flip with GIDDY.
Then my last word to get was S_ELL, and I had not yet used P, W, H, or M. Took a shot with SPELL and bingo!

Wordle 328 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square:

CHORE
BLAST
TIPSY

After my second word, with only the S in the correct spot and the T in yellow, my guess for the third word popped into my head fairly quick, so I went with it, but I wasn’t expecting it to be right and was just trying to sleuth letters. That’s a good feeling! :slight_smile:

On the wordlbot pick where it put a letter in the same place as an earlier yellow… I put the guesses in my “analysis” spreadsheet (I don’t use this for making guesses). It had narrowed it down to six words before the third pick. If the last letter was gray it would be one word, if the last two were gray it would be another word, if the last three were gray it would be another word, and so forth.
With that word It had a 0 percent chance of getting the third pick but 100 percent chance of getting it in 4.