Words that seem meant for only one other word

Old age, mostly.

And beasts and hounds can also be “fell”, especially if you’re a fan of fantasy literature.

(I also feel like I should mention that the fight song of one of my alma maters contains the line “We’ve got vim, we’re here to win”)

Colloquially, is there any other “right”_______than “bastard”?

That could also go with several other common Brit terms such as ‘twit’ or ‘wanker’.

-“BB”-

With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, is there anything other than beef that is ‘corned’?

-“BB”-

Yes - Oggs.
(whatever they are)

I believe there’s blarney beef, potatoed beef, green beef.

Does “diametrically” go with anything besides “opposed”?

4 trillion quatloos someone Chronos-like might have something.

diametrically halved? :man_shrugging:

Apparently, only minds can be boggled.

All the blithering is apparently done only by idiots.

Dribs without drabs? Drabs without dribs? Or ever a single of either, alone or in a pair?

I don’t think so.

Another question with asking: Has a single sud ever been seen?

I suppose two things could be “diametrically aligned”. Not sure if I’ve ever used the term, but I could.

Yeah … it’s called a ‘bubble’.

-“BB”-

Has anyone ever called dib?

I assume the use of ‘diametrically’ implies a circle to model alliances and oppositions. If you draw a line from your position on the circle to the other side through the center, you have traversed the diameter of the circle. So you are ‘diametrically’ opposed to a position at the other end of that line.

Maybe, if you drew a line to the center of the circle, a position co-located with yours–completely aligned–could be described as radially aligned? I dunno, that sounds clumsy and confusing.

Hm, I never parsed it as “relating to a diameter”, though that works, too. I broke it down as “two measures”. So a large black object is diametrically opposed to a small white object, being opposed on the measures of size and color.

A quick Google suggests that your etymology is correct, though. So no, things couldn’t be “diametrically aligned”.

Are there any other products made from magnesia besides milk?