Work-related dipshittery by yours truly

I just walked into my department office and found a fresh copy of my performance evaluation sitting on the printer. Stupidly, I didn’t read it. I just handed it to my supervisor.

About four nanoseconds after I walked out of the office, I realized that if the evaluation was good, I would have liked to have known it now, and if it was bad, I could have given myself significant time to prepare a rebuttal.

I rarely use smilies, but…:smack: :smack: :smack:

Best you did what you did. What if it wasn’t the final draft? The boss could have written something much harsher than he really meant and tone it down in the draft he gives you, but then you’d always wonder why he said that in the first place.

-lv

As an office professional, I make a point of reading everything I can lay eyes on. It helps to even the playing field a little when bosses always take advantage. All’s fair in love, war, and employment - that’s what I always say.

Wow, I wonder what kind of case you could have against them for leaving personal information laying out for all to see.

That time of the year again, yup. Just had my appraisal today, in fact.

Luckily, it was mostly good, so no harsh rebuttals were needed. It IS kind of sloppy of your boss to leave that kind of information on a printer, though.

Thought exercise for paranoids:

Of course, maybe he wanted you to see it. Now when he meets with you he’ll expect you to secretly know certain things even if he doesn’t bring them up explicitly. If your evaluation meeting is with more than one person who else is in on the “open” secrets? Will you miss some subtle lifeline or direction in the meeting?

I’m sure you’ll be fine. It’s not like you spend all day surfing the net. :wink:

I hate cheese.