World Series of Poker - 2013 Thread

When will ESPN’s coverage start? I assume they’re doing about 8 nights of coverage leading up to the November 9.

BTW, I assume they did it early last year because of the election, correct?

31 players left.

2001 champ Carlos Mortenson is one of the chip leaders.

JC Tran is probably the biggest name remaining in the field.

Coverage begins a week from tomorrow. BTW, could posters spoiler their updates, Thanks.

I think it’s safe to assume this entire thread is full of spoilers. Here, IMO, is the most interesting story of the Main Event through July 15.

Yes, it has spoilers.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/15900-after-accumulating-nearly-30-million-with-24-left-anton-morgenstern-close-to-epic-collapse

Bumping this thread to announce to the WSoP Main event resume Monday on ESPN2.

For your reading pleasure, part I of the History of the WSoP

Part II

Part III
I think Part II was the most interesting read, detailing the problems at Horseshoe and subsequent acquisition by Harrahs.

I will post the chip counts etc. on Monday.

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

I see there is as much interest in the WSoP as there was last summer.

Tough. I am going to give the chip counts anyways!! So there!!

Antes/Blinds are at 50K/200K/400K Each Orbit is 1.05 Million Chips

Chips	 BB's   Orbits
JC Tran          38,000,000 	95	36
Amir Lehavot	 29,700,000 	74	28
Marc McLaughlin	 26,525,000 	66	25
Jay Farber	 25,975,000 	64	24
Ryan Riess	 25,875,000 	64	24
Sylvian Loosli	 19,600,000 	49	18
M Brummelhuis	 11,275,000 	28	10
Mark Newhouse	  7,350,000 	18	7
David Benefield	  6,375,000 	15	6

JC Tran is the only player I had heard of prior to the Main Event and his ESPN mini profiles show that he is a pretty nice guy.

I think of a .38 Special Song everytime Loosli’s name is said. I keep on want to hold on.

I think it is going to be a wild and raucous night. I think Farber’s rail is going to be the rowdiest as he is a party coordinator in Vegas. I guess I will be rooting for Tran for no particular reason other than he seems to be a cool dude.

Is there any way to follow this online?

I’ll be logging off in 29 minutes to watch live. (hope they get down to 3 handed quick, I have class tomorrow)

ESPN2 is on 30 minute delay. Check with ESPN if they have a feed on line.

They have live blogging on wsop dot com and pokernews dot com.

Twitter will have feeds too.

11:30 (90 minutes past when the program was scheduled to end) and they’re only down to six.
I would love to strangle each and every damn chanter in the audience, too. I start to drift off… O YEAH OH YEAH or whatever it is.

The screams from the crowd really began to annoy me a couple of hours in. If I’m running the show I’d warn them and then give 'em the boot when they repeat.

The screams might not have bothered the focused players, but they had to have been annoying to more of the ESPN audience than me.

I had to go to bed at 2AM EDT, how late did they play?

Not sure why you are still on daylight time, but I think Lehavot was eliminated in 3rd place at about 3:40 CST am.

Reiss and Farber apparently went out to party afterwards. Farber is a Vegas VIP Host.

You were supposed to switch to Standard time a couple of days ago.

:smack: Yup, I outsmarted myself there. I meant “I went to bed at 2 AM EST.”

Ryan Riess (youngest finalist) wins it on the 261st hand. He looked to be in charge during the heads-up duel with Jay Farber.

Anyone know if it’s possible to get the full detail of WSOP hands? Possibly a file that contains all cards received by each active player, amounts bet, etc.

After staying up Monday night until 2 AM, and getting up at 8:30, I watched all of heads-up, and slept until 1PM.

It seemed to me as if Riess was getting the cards - most of the time, when Farber folded after the river, it turned out that he made the right move.

[QUOTE=Xema;16823614Anyone know if it’s possible to get the full detail of WSOP hands? Possibly a file that contains all cards received by each active player, amounts bet, etc.[/QUOTE]

You mean of all the tables? I doubt anybody keeps a record of that, especially when you consider how many players fold their hold cards right away in the early rounds.

Somebody might have a record of the final 9; if you can get your hands on the ESPN/ESPN2 broadcasts (all 13 or so hours of them), you can probably work it out yourself. (That assumes they showed all nine players’ hole cards on day 1 of the final 9, instead of just the ones that didn’t fold before the flop.)

In the opening, I recognized most of the people, but a couple I didn’t (for example, who’s “playing” heads up with Merson)? Anyone know if there’s a list of the players depicted?

Jesse Sylvia finished 2nd to Merson last year. He was on Farber’s rail for the final table.