worst cartoon version of a tv show movie or personality

I’m remembering a short-lived Beetlejuice cartoon from many years ago. I think I watched a couple of minutes of it, hoping to find some of the original humor from the movie.

Nope. It stunk.

If I had to pick the worst portrayal of a character in this series, I’d have to go with the Joker from the Batman and Robin team up

Not too short–4 full seasons.

Maybe not quite what the OP was looking for but the Spike Channel rebooted the Ren and Stempy show as Ren and Stempy’s Adult Party. Most of the episodes were pretty good, but for the last episode the writers (deliberately?) made it as disgusting as possible.

I liked it because it had some really great (bad) puns.

If we’re going to get into stuff from this century…Spaceballs: The Animated Series. Like the movie, each episode is a vague parody of something else, but mostly they felt less like Brooks’ work (even sub-par Brooks) than something from MAD’s rejected ideas file.

From Hanna-Barbera’s 70s assembly-line of cartoon production, I give you the animated Charlie Chan cartoon: The Amazing Chan & The Chan Clan!

Fonz & The Happy Days Gang from the early 80s. Fonz, Richie, Ralph, and an obnoxious dog travel through time with a “future chick named Cupcake”.

This would be the thread winner if the original Happy Days hadn’t been so bad to begin with … and hadn’t “jumped the shark” about 3 years before this show.

The best part about that is that they could have drawn the Fonz however they wanted but for some reason chose to draw him as a 40 year old man.

By the time Happy Days ended, he was a 40 year old man.

In 2017 somebody really wanted to do an animated adaption of the original Gene Wilder “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” movie but needed a gimmick to not make it completely pointless since it’s pretty much a scene for scene straight copy, so we got “Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” so in-between scenes copied directly from the original movie there’s new scenes of Tom and Jerry running around causing mischief. Maybe the most unnecessary animated version ever made, it’s for people who have nostalgia for the original movie but also really wanted to see a cartoon cat fall into a scalding chocolate vat on occasion.

Not short lived.
3 seasons, I think.

Ayyyyyyyyyy, sitcom and cartoon characters never age! :cool:

Actually, the Futurama episode “Fry and the Slurm Factory” was the definitive animated version of Willy Wonka, but it doesn’t deserve inclusion in this thread because it was so excellent. :smiley:

I submit to you Mission: Magic, the Rick Springfield animated show. This was from 1973 when Springfield was a big deal teen heartthrob in his native Australia and producers were sure he would likewise be a hit in the States. (Which, to be fair, he was–six years later.) It was apparently a spinoff fo some Brady Kids animated show, but I don’t think that was essential to its premise. Imagine “Magic School Bus” with the middle kid from Hanson inexplicably popping up to offer tips on heartbreak and skin care, and that’s about what this show was.

Considering Shatner’s well-known dislike of George, this makes sense.

And my vote goes to The 3 Robonic Stooges, largely because the coining of the word “robonic” still enrages me with its idiocy.

The Theme music was/is fun.

One thing this thread has taught me: if a celebrity or fictional character is not known for playing the guitar, any cartoon that portrays them playing the guitar is gonna suck.

that’s not the only t&j remake of an mgm movie ….