Worst flag ever (Possible EU flag)

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…

ahem

Sorry. The proposed flag reminded me of my TV set very late at night when the programming isn’t on that channel any more.

Please, continue your discussion.

It reminded me of when I try and download a .Gif file, but lose that last few kilobytes when the phone line cuts out. :smiley:

Ranchoth

It serves me right for (1) having a crap PC and (2) trying to post after celebrating Man Utd not winning the title. Copiously celebrating (and it won me a free ticket to Arsenal v Everton on Saturday!).

Sorry.

I like it.

Am I the only one? And am I also mental?

Hey! Leave our chardonnays alone!
A design like that can only loom out of a slab of Bud.

Here’s an idea: since the vertical stripes aren’t particularly popular, how about horizontal stripes representing the original member states, then a heap of stars representing the new ones. To make it tidy we could stick all the stars together in a square in one corner.

So, I looked at that image, and I thought to myself, Cripes. Can you say, “vexillological abomination”?

And, yes, I could. Eventually.

I like it.

Hey, maybe we could do that with the US flag. Mash all the state flags onto it kinda like a quilt?

Eh, maybe not.

I should also apologise for contributing to your suffering (you’re taking a bit of stick on that other thread). Congrats on Arsenal’s success, by the way. I normally manage to get to the Highbury game but don’t have a ticket this year. Probably just as well.

Back to the OP (sort of). Has Romano Prodi really got nothing better to for the EU do than muck around with the decor? This probably isn’t the right thread for an in-depth political discussion, but the way I picture it is:

“Signor Prodi, there is much concern about the growth of fascist and nationalist political parties all over Europe. What do you propose?”
“Oooh. How about a new flag?” Prick.