Worst guitar players

No way. I love his style.

Welcome to the board, Axl…

I’ve always thought he was wrong for Metallica too, but in sort of the opposite way: he’s a country blues guitarist who I’d happily listen to in that context, but somehow he stumbled into a thrash band and kept his head down, hoping no-one would notice. I’m a bit ‘meh’ about much of Metallica’s output - they’re good at it, it’s just not really my bag - but I’d like to hear the band that Kirk Hammett ought to be in.

From Rolling Stone’s 100 Greatest Guitarists, where Scotty Moore is number 29.

I think Slash has improved with age. Some of his solo stuff is the best he has ever done. I love his work with Myles Kennedy. Myles has one of the best rock voices ever so he’s a good pairing with anyone.

I am just presuming that any discussion of Elvis having a bad guitarist behind him does not include James Burton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6BDLfpivA

Courtney Love is a good example of “singer who uses a guitar as a prop.”

Where’s the coffee spewing emotey guy? :D:D

I have to admit, that was pretty effing funny!

Interesting take. I did not know he was into that kind of music…plus he’s been with Metallica for so long. A brief google/YouTube isn’t really revealing much, do you perhaps have a link to him playing in that style? Honestly, I want him to be good at something.

:wink:

Wow, that’s pretty impressive playing by the guy. I wonder if his sobriety has benefited his playing these days.

Oh sure. Go on, take everything. I want you to.

Ah. Sorry. No, not at all. I just meant that’s the way he’s always sounded to me.