Worst use of a tamper-proof screw

The heater was made over seas, right? What does a product need a secret compartment for and sealed with a tamper proof screw? They’re shipped with Chinese hashish and cocaine.

Maybe Schrodinger’s cat is really, really small.

It’s obvious that the tamper-proof screw was there to prevent you wasting your time in opening the pointless, empty compartment. Duh.

The first thing I thought when I read the OP was, “what a great place to hide stuff.”

Heh, reminds me of an annoying customer i had back in my Computer Town (Salem, NH) days, had one idiot customer who insisted on taking his PowerBook apart to “fix” some phantom problem (nothing wrong with the machine, until he messed with it), he did this twice, on the third time he brought it in, after i fixed the (l)user created problem, i removed all the phillips-head case/chassis screws and replaced them with Torx screws…

he stopped bringing it in at that point, and the next time he came in, said that the last repair had “finally fixed it”…

…because he was no longer able to mess with it, probably

He wasn’t a dedicated futzer, obviously. Mere torx tools can be had from Sears, for Og’s sake. Next time get exotic and go with tri-wing. :wink:

“When all you have is a Dremel Tool, everything takes a flathead screwdriver.”

true, but at the time, all i had for “tamper proof” screws were Torx, and it was clear this (l)user wasn’t the type to go to Sears and look for Torx screwdrivers, i did use a mix of T6 and T8 though, i figured having 2 different size heads would make it more difficult for him to open his machine

what can i say, it worked…

AMEN!

Golden!

Let’s just say ummm… no.

And obvioulsy, NinjaChick has my space heater…
Can I have it back please, it’s cold in here :slight_smile:

Uh-oh - sorry, I threw it out. It didn’t work, and, well, I’d already opened the box, so…uh…hey, this isn’t going to get you all mad at me or anything, is it?

(btw - nice to see another Philly-area doper around here. I’ve relocated to Santa Fe, but grew up just across the Delaware from Center City).