Worthless shithead New Orleans looters.

With martial law in effect can the police/National Guard shoot looters? :confused: I’m watching Nancy Grace and waiting for her to suggest that.

Just as any other store owner is covered by insurance. Oh, wait, those stores pay insurance like any other business. Being dry means the rates aren’t affected, right? They aren’t affected by the claims of other stores? If there is some water on the floor, that store’s claims don’t affect all the other clients of the insurance companies.

Not hurting anyone? Don’t ever complain about your car insurance going up because of drunks plowing into crowds of schoolchildren. It’s totally seperate, right?

You’re unable to address the main question, so you take one sentence out of my entire post, and pick it apart.
Okay, so maybe some people are having their lives affected by this looting. But, I seriously doubt, it was those people, the OP was thinking of. So you’ve made a point, feel better?

You can’t force someone to be shocked over something that they don’t find shocking. It’s bad, and I wish it wasn’t happening. It’s scary, that these people are in such a frenzy to get all this free stuff, that they’re not even thinking about how dangerous it is. I saw one woman, set her toddler down into the filthy water, so she could carry more stuff.
But instead of making me angry, it makes me very sad.

We only loot food, can’t you tell?

Oh, that stereo? It’s to pay for food.

Those gold necklaces? I plan to trade them for food for my 38 person family.
We couldn’t leave the city because we have 92 babies. Our oldest son went out for “food” to save our lives. Thank Og he came back with $122,000 worth of electronics.

This is how I pretty much see it, and I knew that the “but they’re poor!” would come up. I tend to sympathize with the poor, but that’s no excuse for taking things like jewelry.

Real essentials I can honestly see as I bet I’d be doing the same thing(and I don’t live in a poor household), but anything else? No. Just no. It’s repulsive.

Nobody here has actually claimed to be “shocked” by it. Just pissed at it, and at the justifications that these people are using, giving such comments to news crews and being shameless about it. One doesn’t have to be shocked by it to be disgusted and/or angered by it.

I’m in the “Who Cares?” camp. This shit is wrecked - New Orleans no longer exists. These people are stealing stuff that will be completely destroyed in another day or two anyway; all of this is going to be written off and junked. Between the filth, the disease, the gators, and everything else, these people are probably fucked anyway.

Who cares?

Well, VCO3, you migh have had a point, if gold dissolved in water.

And as much as I would have liked to here the response…
New Orleans IS NOT JUNKED.

It will be rebuilt. Better than before.

There is no excuse for stealing anything but food or water.

Yeah, I guess you’re right.

The insurance companies will cover the jewelry and whatever left dry electronics.

So it’s all FREE!!!
WOOO HOOO!

LET’S ALL GO COLLECT SOME FREE SHIT!!!

DIBS ON THE FERARRI!

here=hear

Ferrari

(bump)

Thank you for saying it before me. Amen.

From the NO Times-Picayune :

To be shamefully honest, it is really hard not be racist when watching these savages.

Yeah this looting shit is fucked up. I can’t believe there risking their lives though just for a fucking stereo. I mean they could drown, get attacked, by a gator, get really sick. I mean with mosquitoes alone that are bound to breed with these new conditions it would be stupid as hell to basically risk it for a new fucking TV.

I can understand risking your life for food, that’s cool, but for a radio or something that’s just fucked up.

In which black people “loot” and white people “find bread”

So be it, but I haven’t seen a single non black looting amongst the ~10 minutes of looting videos I’ve seen (although I have heard that Fat City was being looted, which probably would be ~50 percent white if I were to guess). It’s not a racist thing, just a fact. I almost hope to see videos of whites stealing jeans and jewelry so as to not make it an issue.

Is there any reason to believe that the same person captioned those two photos?

That’s cuz the negoes would just re-loot from the innocent white women trying to feed their kids.
/hyperbole

This thread, and the veiled and naked racism within it, make me sick.

I believe there wouldn’t be any difference. It wouldn’t be significantly worst. I’m not surprised at all. As soon as no order is enforced, people loot. Everywhere. It’s just a reminder of what humanity is really like under the varnish of civilization.

That’s minor, though. More frightening is the fact that everywhere, if you decide you want to massacre, torture, exterminate, you’ll find plenty of enthusiastic volunteers, and even much more people vaguely reluctant who will do it anyway.