Would it be possible to grow a lot of Christines out of pieces of Christine?

I’m coming into the home stretch of a 12 hour shift, which means I lost my mind about 3 hours ago. I was watching Christine last night, that fun little Stephen King movie about the really bitchin’ tricked out psychotic Chevy, and I got to wondering what would happen if you took parts of Christine completely off the car and put them somewhere else. She regenerates every time she gets damaged, after all; if I had that car sitting in my driveway right now, would I be able to sell parts off of her on eBay? “Grow your own rear-wheel drive serial killer! Simply place the U-joint on your driveway and crank up the Chuck Berry, and in no time you’ll have a pimped-out ride to die for!”

It would be cool to have a parking lot full of evil PMSing jealous cars to do my bidding.

It’s the Sorceror’s Apprentice theory of horror.

Anyone who writes hotrror inevitably creates their wn laws to go along with it. In the original novel (which differs pretty significantly from the film) Christine did indeed “clone” parts for herself, but there was never a suggestion that she’d clone more Christines.

I suspect the reason was that Christine really was possessed, and there was only one demon to do the possessing. In order to have another Christine you’d need another demon.

It’s the Sorceror’s Apprentice theory of horror.

Anyone who writes hotrror inevitably creates their wn laws to go along with it. In the original novel (which differs pretty significantly from the film) Christine did indeed “clone” parts for herself, but there was never a suggestion that she’d clone more Christines.

I suspect the reason was that Christine really was possessed, and there was only one demon to do the possessing. In order to have another Christine you’d need another demon.

(cough cough) Plymouth, not Chevy. (slinks away)

I’m reminded of the legend that after James Dean died in an auto accident, the parts were sold, and whoever drove a car with Dean-pieces also ended up dying.

It didn’t look to me as if Christine was the underling in the story. You’d be doing her bidding, and she’d be murdering your friends if she became envious of the time you spent with them. Be careful what you wish for.

A Plymouth Fury–which leed one critic to pun, “Hell hath no woman like a Fury scorned.”

A 1958 Plymouth Fury, to be exact, ya shitter. :wink:

It’s shiny and red, that’s all I know. And it has a killer radio.

Hey, summoning demons is no problem! All I need is a hunk of wood and a few cc’s of mouse blood.

No, see, I’d give an evil car to all of my friends, and we could form our own motorcycle gang, only instead of motorcycles we’d drive our demonically possesed hot rods around and terrorize small communities and wreak havoc on our days off. And if my friend’s car got mad at me, my car would protect me, and we could end up with a pair of continuously regenerating cars locked in Hell’s own demolition derby for all eternity, and we could sell tickets and have a beer and popcorn concession. It’d be beautiful!

Yes, it’s the concessions stand that really makes the money.