Would piglets on a get-well card be considered repulsive by a (secular Israeli) Jew?

And furthermore, in such a situation a Jew must be thankful for the pork, reciting “Shehakol nihyeh bidvaro – Who caused all things to come into being.” (Or if bread is involved, the blessings before and after a meal.)

Are they allowed to keep their money in piggy banks?

To watch the Muppet Show?

To read Winnie-the-Pooh?

To watch Porky cartoons?

To listen to the White Album (unless they skip the “Piggies” track)?

To play games with their children’s toes?

;j

We should trust our money to pigs? You want your money should be safe, get a bank that looks like your uncle Saul.

Pig frog. feh. Intermarriage would only be a concern if they weren’t both goys.

Bubbele, for the last time, the donkey in the story of Balaam is not Eyore.

Why does the coyote fail in his pursuit of a nice kosher meal? Rabbis have pondered such problems for ages.

No, bubbele, the IDF does not have yellow submarines. Yes, I will love you when you’re 64.

Aha! I didn’t lose that toe. It was in my pocket.

As I understand it (and I’m not an expert, so please correct me gently if I’m wrong), in such a situation - if the options are whittled down to starvation vs bacon, it’s not only permissible to eat the bacon, it’s mandatory.

If any Jewish law might in any small way cause a death if observed, it is mandatory to disobey it. So an observant Jew would have to eat the bacon if the only other option was death.

What I want to know is, how do Jewish vampires reconcile with the proscription against consuming blood?

Well, presumably a vampire that doesn’t drink blood will starve to death, and as noted by posters above, if the choice is between not starving to death and keeping kosher, the correct choice is not starving to death.

pretty sure Kinky is not an orthadox anything.

Not quite any Jewish law: “Of the 613 commandments, only the prohibitions against murder, idolatry, incest and adultery are so important that they cannot be violated to save a life.” (from Death and Mourning in Judaism)

Except that vampires typically cause the death of their hosts (at least they do in the movies); surely the choice then is committing murder or dying; wouldn’t it be the case that the prohibition of murder trumps that of suicide by starvation?

So Jews have a hierarchy of laws they have to obey, like Asimov’s robots?

hey–don’t be so politically correct!
you’re giving a card to somebody you care about, because, well, you’re a friend and you care about him. What is there for him to get upset about?

Now, about those Israeli piggies…
There are restaurants in Israel that have pork on the menu.
And there are lots of people in Israel who won’t go to those restaurants.

for the Orthodox, its a religious issue. But for most other Israelis, it’s a cultural thing. Pork to most Israelis is like eating octopus or squid is to most Americans. Sure, it is done in some parts of the world, but it’s just a bit too exotic and unappealing. Not something you’d want to put in your mouth.
But to be insulted by your get-well card… well, he would have to be a really socially-incompetent geek.

Not if you did what Louis did in Interview with the Vampire, and stuck to rats.

Well sure, but the question asked was how Jewish vampires dealt with not keeping kosher. Keeping kosher isn’t a problem for Jewish vampires, because of the starving to death thing. Presumably, the murder issue is an issue for vampires of any religion.

Thudlow Boink:

Yes, there are rules in Jewish law for which laws take precedence over which others if two should come in conflict.

Which reminds me, have I told you about the Zeroth Mitzvot?