Would you be a reasonable suspect in anyone's murder?

I’ve let my feelings be known about someone, and if they get murdered I’d better have an alibi.

I voted ‘I can think of multiple such persons’, but then it IS my job after all.

What?

Y’all bought that “mild-mannered computer scientist living in the woods” story?
Really?

Depends…if I was the last known person to see them or I was seen walking out of their house an hour before they found the corpse probably but I have no great enemies.

Not that I can think of but it’s a titilating question. Makes me wonder who would finger me and why.

Broke up with a guy last week. We were only seeing each other a few months, and no particularly hard feelings, but I think the recent split would put me on the list.

Also maybe my ex (who I’m on very good terms with), but he lives in another state. I voted just one. Also, eww coconut pie. If it were apple or cherry, maybe.

ETA: To clarify, the only family I have within a hundred miles is an aunt I see infrequently, and am on good terms with. I can’t imagine I’d even be considered if she were to die.

I can think of someone who I would gladly become a suspect of their murder, as long as I was cleared in the end.

I don’t think I’d be a suspect if anyone I know turned up dead tomorrow. But if my girlfriend turned up dead six months from now, I would be the prime suspect. She got involved in a relationship with a woman almost ten years her junior whom she met in a weird corner of the internet, flew overseas to meet her and her got her throat slit. They may as well just lock me up now.

Oh, wait! I’ve been working at a retirement home as part of my nursing training this week. If any of the residents I’ve been looking after, especially the ones I’ve been alone with, turned up dead in suspicious circumstances tomorrow, the police would at least want to talk to me.

“…multiple such persons.” Mainly those who know I carry knives sharp enough to split single strands of hair.

“I am asking if there is any person who, if they were found dead under suspicious circumstances, a competent & unbiased police detective would quickly decide that you were a reasonable suspect and should be investigated.”

Isn’t that true of anyone who has a spouse, roommate, siblings, or parents? I mean, really?

If they don’t know about my agoraphobia, then perhaps if other dopers got murdered. But only at the same level that any person who interacts in the Pit could be a suspect (or possibly GD).

And if the body is found stuffed under your bed, well, what then?:smack:

I answered 2) because pretty much anybody is a reasonable suspect for the murder of someone he’s going to inherit from, and all people in a relationship are reasonable suspects for the murder of their spouse/partner (I believe that in fact the spouse/partner is almost always a suspect, given that quite a lot of murders are committed by them)

I’m a nurse. I mostly work at nights, so there is that suspicion on me, I guess if there were sudden unexplained deaths (amongst mental patients in the older adult population)

I have an ex spouse, and a current spouse. Nevermind I have not physically laid eyes on ex spouse (nor ever known his exact whereabouts) since 2004.

And there is a woman in the greater Dallas region I sent a text to about 2 years ago telling her that if she didn’t stop harassing my family I would make sure she had some grief befall her. (I meant reporting her to her internet, telephone, and cell phone providers, but who knows how that could look if she ended up dead.)

Ok, after reading the thread, I see that this answer isn’t in the spirit of the thread and boring.

Thinking a bit hard, there’s this former coworker/boss who gave me hell when I was working with him. It’s the first person ever I’ve know personnally and wouldn’t have cared, or even would have been pleased if he had died. Now, if I were a suspect following his demise, they would have to add at least 7 of his formers coworkers to the list, incuding 2 who resigned over having to work with him. Also, he has an history of violence, so there probably would be other people outside the workplace.