Would You Eat This?

Ok, my final project in Hot Foods Production is due on Tuesday. We had to design a 7-course meal for 50 people with wine pairings for the major courses. I received a special dispensation from the chef to do something a little different, and I’m doing Micro-brewery beer pairings with the meals instead. Included in the project is production schedules, costings, and all kinds of paperwork to make this a “project”.

This is the dinner:

Wild Mushroom & Lobster Beggar’s Purse
Wyder’s Dry Pear Cider

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Portland Brewing Zig Zag River Lager

Herb-Crusted Salmon with Sweet Corn Cake, Wilted Spinach and Balsamic Reduction
Acme Pale Ale

Pomegranate Ice

Pepper-Crusted Prime Rib with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes and Haricot Verts
*Newport Brewing Co. Bisbee’s Bitter *

Dark Chocolate & Hazelnut Tart with Orange Sauce
Red Hook Double Black Stout

Candied Figs & Pecans
So, can I expect any Dopers showing up when I have my own restaurant?

JavaMaven1, I don’t usualy like fish, but I’d eat that salmon. EVERYTHING sounds delicious.
Bravo!

Yup.

:drool:

So, ah, where is this shindig on Tuesday? I volunteer to be one of the 50 people.

Hell, I’ll be two or three if you need me.

Hell yeah! It all sounds delicious, besides, you’re serving enough booze with the meal to make darn sure they’re happy! Please remember, beer is usually higher in alcohol content than wine. They ought to be in real good shape to leave you an enormous tip.

Is the Pope Polish?

Mmmmm. That menu looks so good. So, where do you plan to locate your restaurant and how long until your grand opening?

I don’t eat anything. So, nope. Sorry. I’ll be at the KFC down the road.

If that’s a sample menu, I’d be there in a heartbeat.
Not sure about the wilted spinich; is there a particular reason that it need be wilted?
Pomegranate, YUM!

(And a discount for Dopers, right? I do leave a generous tip. :wink: )

Justme,

I think it's the other way around - wine is a higher proof.

Yummy, yummy, yummy! So, when do we eat?

::drools::

I just re-read this: what’s a Balsamic Reduction?

A concentrated (reduced in volume by heat) sauce whose predominant flavour is balsamic vinegar. Balsamic vinegar is a cask-aged red wine vinegar from Moderna. Good ones cost $200 a bottle. I prefer sherry vinegar myself.

Really?

I thought most wines were like 7% alcohol and beer started at 14%.

Well, either way, the dinner guests are going to be happy. Good food and good beer.

Now, my menu for 50 people begins with running down to KFC and ordering several big buckets …

Marry me.

Hell, you even made the BEER sound good.

Damn, now I’m hungry. And all I’ve got around is Mac and Cheese. What are the courses for a seven course meal? I’ve never had anywhere near that many.

Yes. Twice, even. Hell, I’d cut my hair and try to get in twice.

Someone else can have the beer.

Yum… everything sounds good…except maybe the Haricot Verts. What the heck are those?

For the bilingually challenged…

Haricots Vert = green beans

Yes, yes, yes, yes, oh my god, yes!